My Skoda Yeti - OE upgrades, Custom mods & DIYs

A J

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What size wheel spacers did you use? Love the wider stance look.

Sorry, I'd been away for sometime now and had not seen your post.

The spacers are 20 + 20 front and rear each. There is a slight difference of about 4 mm or so between front and rear tracks. I had first thought of getting spacers accordingly so as to accommodate this difference. But 20 mm spacers were readily available. So went ahead with it and the 4 mm difference was not so noticeable. 

Do you have any pics of the stereo you installed?

When I created this thread, I had Audiosources DNS 810 HU. But now I have upgraded to Dynavin N6 VW HU. If you want, I can post pics of both.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks AJ,

Did you notice any issues with stonechiping around the rear doors/arches after fitting the wheel spacers? I'm due to have some fit and there have been issues in the UK which could be made worse with spacers.

Thanks AJ,

Did you notice any issues with stonechiping around the rear doors/arches after fitting the wheel spacers? I'm due to have some fit and there have been issues in the UK which could be made worse with spacers.

Only when on wet surface, the dirt gets thrown around as the wheel is not completely inside the body line as before. Well, that's expected. Other than that, no issues, and haven't noticed stone chips either. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What size wheel spacers did you use? Love the wider stance look.

Sorry, I'd been away for sometime now and had not seen your post.

The spacers are 20 + 20 front and rear each. There is a slight difference of about 4 mm or so between front and rear tracks. I had first thought of getting spacers accordingly so as to accommodate this difference. But 20 mm spacers were readily available. So went ahead with it and the 4 mm difference was not so noticeable. 

I just noticed that I had mentioned 20 + 20 spacers front and rear each!! Sorry that's a mistake (what was I thinking!). Front has 10 + 10 and rear has 20 + 20 spacers. 10 & 20 mm spacers where readily available and ones in between were not in stock to accommodate the track width difference between front and rear accurately. But with this setup, that slight difference is not noticeable. Also if you have wider alloys with lesser value offset (concave), or intend to use wider tyres, you have to be careful about front wheels scrapping the wheel well (especially at the rear side of the front wheel well) while turning lock to lock. Depends on your wheel offset and rim width, which size spacers would be best for you. Very sorry about the wrong info. earlier, noticed it only now.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I'm guessing as it was an Elegance you had rear parking sensors fitted already.

How did you go about fitting PLA2 to the car?

Which front and side sensors?

Which park assist controller?

Did you upgrade ABS controllers?

How did you change the wiring to accommodate the additional sensors? Did you have a new loom fitted for all sensors or just the additional ones?

Any information would be great as I am looking into doing this upgrade.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi.  New to the forum.    I have a Yeti SE-L 16 plate and I'm wanting to get an electric boot lift fitted.

I know that people have done this to BMWs and Range Rovers.

Does anyone know whether a mod is available for the Yeti to achieve this please?