WaveyDavey's Superb Twindoor

WaveyDavey

Hi all,

Well i thought i'd get around to putting my new car up on here.

As you know i have come back to the Skoda fold after a few years away with the Lexus and now have a 2010 Superb Twindoor Elegance.

Details are as follows.....

She's a MY11 60 plate CR140 DSG in Cappuccino and ivory leather with park assist, auto dimming mirror and heated rear seats as options and just over 29k on the clock.

It's previously spent its whole life in Lincolnshire.... Just outside Lincoln in fact and was a motability car up till being three years old. (First registered end of November 2010).

These are from the day we went to have a look and a test drive at the dealers in Rainworth....

photo2_zpse074b3db.jpg

photo1_zps5286bcf7.jpg

And this was the day i collected her and brought her home....

post-9093-0-49072000-1402001667_zps95363

And these are a few of the interior...

P1020337_zps56322aba.jpg

P1020336_zpsddd316a6.jpg

P1020334_zps6977ecbf.jpg

Condition wise she isn't too bad at all. A couple of little marks that should polish out when i get round to it in a couple of weeks. The right hand set of buttons on the steering wheel were faulty (Roller rolled but didn't select) which was replaced for free by the dealer after i collected the car.

First thing to get done was to move my reg onto the car which was finally completed earlier this week.

While waiting for the reg i had a play and setup things like the welcome home and approach lights etc... At which point i found i didn't have the option to turn on the footwell lights when the headlights were on. A quick call at a fellow Brisky member for it to be enabled via VCDS and i now have the facility to adjust them via maxidot. I've set them for 30% and that seems about right for me with the lighter ivory interior. I also decided to update the firmware and maps on the Columbus as i couldn't use my own POIs or full postcode searches.

Here we see it's now running FW4120 and v10 maps.

P1020339_zps8b525027.jpg

And the new radio text feature enabled in FW4120... (The normal display of six radio stations returns when you touch the screen)

P1020335_zps2ea94907.jpg

Another bonus was that i found i had a 40gb HDD installed in the Columbus.... Notice the capacity of the media partition (Drive is formatted in 70/25/5 ratio)

P1020338_zpsa4ee0e6b.jpg

P1020340_zpsdec5699d.jpg

Next i ordered a Skoda rubber bootliner to stop stuff moving around the cavernous boot!!!!

P1020341_zpsc344e0ba.jpg

I've also today replaced the alloy centre caps and the front and rear Skoda badges for the new look versions...

P1020330_zps0a195f46.jpg

P1020331_zps881fe8ed.jpg

P1020332_zps89ebebfe.jpg

P1020333_zps2fbf77e5.jpg

And that's it up to now......

Next thing planned is a CRD-t tuning box from DTUK which i should be ordering in the next week or two. The car didn't come with a spare so when the puncture kit runs out in a few months i'm thinking of replacing it with a spare wheel kit instead.

I also need to get a new tyre for the front offside wheel and then get the car fully tracked and alligned as the tyre that's on there has worn unevenly and the steering wheel is very slightly off centre.

Well hope to get to know all you Superb owners a bit more over the coming months.

Cheers

Dave.

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1

Very nice Dave.... i like it. I really like the Superb especially after detailing Simbo's recently  :thumbup:

I will be interested in your thoughts on the tuning box;

as i'm looking into one for SWMBO's Seat Exeo with same 140 TDI CR.

Good luck with the new car  :)

• Like 1

Very nice Dave.... i like it. I really like the Superb especially after detailing Simbo's recently  :thumbup:

I will be interested in your thoughts on the tuning box;

as i'm looking into one for SWMBO's Seat Exeo with same 140 TDI CR.

Good luck with the new car  :)

Watch this space. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Cheers

Dave.

• Like 1

when the dtuk box is fitted you will think its a different car plus id say mpg will better aswell with normal driving.  how you finding the dsg

Yeah should be around 180-185ish with the box on. Loving how the car drives even without the box it's still punchy. Just filled it up the other day and managed 517 miles from the tank and put 12.5 gallons back in which works out at 41.4mpg.

Cheers

Dave.

• Like 1

I've realised i forgot the fact that i've also upgraded the DRLs and sidelights to LEDs.....

Anyhow here's some pics of the DRLs...

P1020342_zps1bf3d08f.jpg

P1020343_zps18f4ad26.jpg

IMG_2165_zpsec4a2640.jpg

IMG_2166_zpse76e8265.jpg

And the LED sidelights...

P1020346_zps5c96e891.jpg

P1020348_zpsb017e8bd.jpg

Cheers

Dave.

• Like 1

lol I did indeed forget the Thanks to Damo part for the sidelights. I noticed yesterday evening mine flash slightly about five times when turning the ignition on (they both do it) are yours the same? I only noticed cos I was parked close behind the other car on the drive and saw it reflect off the back of the other car.

I'll call round for the Brisky stickers next time I'm passing if you're in. ;)

Cheers

Dave.

Yeah i only noticed cos it was starting to go dark and the lights weren't on auto so it was just the DRLs that were coming on as well as these few flashes from both sidelights. In normal daylight you probably wouldn't even see it even if you were looking at the LEDs.

Anyway it's nothing i'm going to worry about. :)

I'll pop in next week for the stickers.

Cheers

Dave.

I noticed the sidelights flashing as well on the Canbus check about a month ago when I'd parked in front of a window. Think I counted 3 small flashes on each side. Not sure there is a way around this on LEDs because they are so responsive.

Please can you take some pics and do a write-up when you fit your DTUK box? I'm hoping that you have to remove the undertray - more for my sake than yours!

Edited by JakeBlade
  • Like 1

Looks great buddy. Noticed you've put something to protect the leather under the child seat! :)

I love the ivory interior

Cheers Leon. Yeah first thing I bought on the way home was an ivory towel from t'Asda. ;)

Cheers

Dave.

I noticed the sidelights flashing as well on the Canbus check about a month ago when I'd parked in front of a window. Think I counted 3 small flashes on each side. Not sure there is a way around this on LEDs because they are so responsive.

Please can you take some pics and do a write-up when you fit your DTUK box? I'm hoping that you have to remove the undertray - more for my sake than yours!

Looking at the guide on the DTUK website I think you can just get to the boost plug from above. I've had a little look myself and If it's the plug I think it is I can reach it but obviously need to check I can actually unplug it.... Well I'm hoping so anyway. I'm gonna email Andrew at DTUK just to confirm though.

Glad it's not just me with the LED flashes. Think it was three flashes come to think of it.

Cheers

Dave.

Well finished my CR140 to CR170 conversion when I fitted these today. The 15bhp each one provides gets the output up to the CR170 level of things.

I'll have to inform the DVLA and insurance that the car is now officially a CR170. :)

B9A708C9-892F-4B0B-9C53-F490310D3B18_zps

Cheers

Dave.

• Like 3

Well finished my CR140 to CR170 conversion when I fitted these today. The 15bhp each one provides gets the output up to the CR170 level of things.

I'll have to inform the DVLA and insurance that the car is now officially a CR170. :)

B9A708C9-892F-4B0B-9C53-F490310D3B18_zps

Cheers

Dave.

if they add 15bhp each ill be close to 240bhp  :D

• Like 2