Richard's (Brisky) Roomster

BossFox

We have been using the Roomster for family trips as the kids love it.

Especially the baby as the big back windows which mean she has a great view from the car seat.

But I have to say... it's gutless. (for me)

I am not the biggest chap out there, and my wife is about 50kg.

Add in a 1 and 6 year old with supplies for a weekend and it feels underpowered.

I seem to spend most of my time driving it with my foot flat down, as doing that and having a run up is the only way to overtake people.

Come off a roundabout, get the right line and early on the loud peddal, 100% on it.  Wait for the Citroen C4 in the inside lane (which I am only matching in acceleration) to get up to his cruising speed so we can start to edge past him.

Skoda, you need a better petrol option in your smaller cars.

Can't believe this is the best in the new mk3 Fabia unless you want a diseasel.

And that sums up why I have a TDi; decent economy and strong mid-range acceleration.

I agree with you when you say it's gutless. When I had it for the national meet I just cruised around in it because it's so slow, compared to what I'm used to. But It is relaxing to drive, on the way back to your house, following behind the Yeti down the back lanes, it was a complete different car. The Twisties are quite fun in that car. Because it's so under powered you have to think more about braking and powering out of corners. Purely because I had no idea where I was and I was trying to keep up with the Yeti so I didn't get lost!

• Like 1

They map to around 130bhp that should be pretty lively, an option?

More likely I'll sell it.

Assuming anyone wants one of the last Roomsters made with a load of optional kit...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just read through this.. i haven't looked at this one before. 

on the first few pages i was nearly posting 'but Cruise Control and Maxidot is very retrofittable Richard! :)' but thought id best flick through the other 13 pages first.. 

hmmm. Things changed a bit didn't they... :D 

i quite like it, but i couldn't tell you why.. i don't know myself... 

• Like 1

Hmm that's strange when I was speaking to eddie_NL his said on my 15 plate the maxidot could not be retrofitted even though it has the trip computer etc

I mailed him a vcds scan and he said nope nope nope

I managed to get the cruise fitted (boy what a pain that was) but really wanted maxidot

Edited by malcster

Hmm that's strange when I was speaking to eddie_NL his said on my 15 plate the maxidot could not be retrofitted even though it has the trip computer etc

I managed to get the cruise fitted (boy what a pain that was) but really wanted maxidot

Pm'd

It is possible but I think you need new keys as your cluster was made by Johnson Controls