Sparkly's Racing Barge 1.8tsi 4x4

Sparkly

nice purchase any pics

Will post pics when I have got the car home and given it a full detail.

Do you know what, I don't even know if I have a brolly, so schoolboy :)

• Like 2

Bit of a bummer, a couple of things I have requested the garage sort out for me are going to take a few days.

I am out of the country from Tuesday morning. Small delay on project start, now collecting on the 18th.

Should give Shark enough time to get the K04 conversion quote back to me.

Shall pass the time ordering new floor and boot mats, LED's, brollies, torches and the such like.

• Like 1

Already got some ATE brake fluid ordered, will get some Yellowstuff or Mintex pads ordered for fitting when I receive the car.

Anti Roll bars and Shark Stage 1 should see me ready for some fun at September Combe

I believe the car has 312 front and 280mm rear, can someone confirm?

• Like 2

Look forward to seeing this in action at Combe next month.

Make sure you reserve a spot!

Already had my name down. :D

I am afraid first outing will be pretty tame though as the car will be largely stock, I'll just be happy if I'm not the slowest.

Hoping to mix it with the odd Citigo and if I'm really on form the odd stock Mk1 Fabia.

• Like 1

Already had my name down. :D

I am afraid first outing will be pretty tame though as the car will be largely stock, I'll just be happy if I'm not the slowest.

Hoping to mix it with the odd Citigo and if I'm really on form the odd stock Mk1 Fabia.

My mapped Yeti 170 diesel (200?) with 4k on the clock (no other mods) used to match the mapped mk1 Fabias on the straight and gain in the corners due to more grip.

I think you'll be far quicker than you suggest.

• Like 2

I think you'll be far slower than I suggest.

I preferred it when you were giving me my racing excuses.

Remember it's a big old boat, it by no means has the racing pedigree of the Yeti.

What's more it won't be Bossfox at the wheel, so I amended the above for you.

Pricing up a set of Nankang NS2R road legal track tyres, getting very good reviews yet haven't had the price hike of the Federal's as a little less well known.

I preferred it when you were giving me my racing excuses.

Remember it's a big old boat, it by no means has the racing pedigree of the Yeti.

I guessed that's what you were up to. :rofl:

The Yeti was less than two months old, as it rolled out of the factory on stock tyres, brakes, suspension etc... just a tuning box with all seats in.

Haldex is very capable.

Seriously, I think the Superb will go well with just a decent map, uprated pads and ARBs.

It'll certainly be a lot of fun because you'll find other cars with similar performance which will make it more entertaining.

Thing is, they'll be more sporty and you'll look like you got lost on the way to a meeting. :D

• Like 2

Sparkly, I am lost for words........ I am sure you just said you have a superb and you want it to go fast?       1.8T and a car that is twice as big as your Fabia was.

This is going to be interesting, I will be watching and I wish you every success in your quest.  Good Luck and I hope to see you at How Fast #5 next year.

• Like 1

Sparkly, I am lost for words........ I am sure you just said you have a superb and you want it to go fast?       1.8T and a car that is twice as big as your Fabia was.

Pretty much! Sounded like a grand plan when the voices in my head told me to do it.

I am reliably informed that with a new turbo I can extract the power needed for straight line speed from the 1.8 tsi 300+/300+ bhp/TQ , cornering and braking may prove another matter.

As a track weapon the Superb carries a veritable mountain of compromise, but for the 99% of the year it isn't on track demolishing pink Golf's ;) it will be a great family saloon.

• Like 2

I am sure it will be an interesting drive on track, as a daily I can see the appeal of the Superb.  Very different to the Fabia though.

Mostly I just wanted a project that Bossfox hasn't done. :D

I really wanted a Yeti but after the Yeti vRS, what's the point? :rofl:

So Superb vRS?

• Like 3