Alex's red Mk1 Fabia vRS BMN/BLT 16v hybrid - GTBvklr

alex_e3

Are you going to have a silencer in the exhaust this time Alex? Was rather loud last time I recall!

I loved the noise to be honest! Not good for potentially getting on track though ha ha! ;)

I have been to enquire about a custom exhaust fitting today. I'm going to be opting for a turbo back system with 1 silencer in.... but it will be a side exit :D   I want a bit of volume again!!

Now I just have to work out the logistics of when the turbo, exhaust and mapping can get done  :nerd:

Saw these on eBay the other day and couldn't leave them there....

36956995912_961961a9d3_z.jpg

36956996232_f29362c366_z.jpg

Got all 4 LCR calipers and all 4 discs (with virtually no wear) for a steal - £395 delivered!

These front calipers are huge! I'd seen plenty of pictures before, but didn't realise how large they were until I saw them in the flesh...

36956995642_0e102c2ea3_z.jpg

Next plans are to strip all 4 calipers down, send them for powdercoating in green (same colour as original calipers), then fit new seals and clean everything up. Some decent pads and Super Blue brake fluid will be fitted at the same time.

In the meantime I now need to get some 17's back on the car so they'll fit at all!! :)

Edited by alex_e3

• 2 weeks later...

Suffice to say, I'm going to have a busy weekend :)  ...

36957391452_c9d0117414_z.jpg

36315208303_1ca04e563d_z.jpg

Thanks to Rob at W8 for an excellent price and service :)  This kit really is top notch!! So much better than the Forge I had on previously.

This also arrived...

36957391012_bc30801610_z.jpg

I also have a stick on number plate that arrived today so that I can do the widemouth.

So... provisional list for this weekend:

1. Machine polish front bumper.
  2. Remove bumper and cut, trim & finish for widemouth.
  3. Trim and fit LCR front splitter.
  4. Cut mesh to size and tiger seal in.
  5. Remove front crash bar.... permanently!
  6. Cut front panel to accommodate intercooler and brackets.
  7. Fit intercooler.
  8. Trim any panels that foul new pipework.
  9. Remove all pipework and clean what is to go back on the car.
  10. Wax exterior of new pipework and then fit.
  11. Trim rear of bumper to fit new cooler.
  12. Re-fit bumper.
  13. Cut down new plate in work this week, then fit once bumper is back on.

Quite the tasks this weekend. Doubt I'll get it all done to be honest...

Edited by alex_e3
  • Like 2

Yeah Kev, they are fantastic! :)   One of the best things I've ever done to the car to tell you the truth! As John says, I actually prefer the way it rides now to how it was as standard.

Cheers guys! I really want to show off the full cooler as much as possible though. I hate the fact that the crash bar would be hiding a lot of it. Plus better for efficiency!

What would be interesting is if I could cut the centre section of the crash bar out and then reinforce it along the top and bottom edges with an extra plate. You would still be able to see the majority of the cooler then...

The KW's were by far the best mod I ever did to my car and was well worth the £800ish that I forked out for them.

Car is coming along nicely, should be a bit of a beast once everything is fitted

• Like 1

Spent 2 hours on the car this evening. I thought I best get as much time on it as I can with everything I have to do!

Fitted the new front splitter. The last one was scuffed, but still managed to easily sell it! So because I already had the holes in the bottom of the bumper, this one was more of a pain to fit. In the past I've just transferred the holes from the old one to the new one.

So I first ground off all the tabs and cut the middle two lugs off and took a bit of material off. I carefully drilled new holes using the old ones as a guideline. Once I got everything but the centre done, I first trimmed the edges carefully with the grinder (easier than a knife!). It was then taken back off so that I could fully sort the height of the two centre lugs. On the splitter went again and drilled the final holes. This time I used some M6 bolts, washers and nylock nuts to secure the centre part.

Pics...

36315207503_1451d814b0_z.jpg

36957390802_474592114d_z.jpg

36315207133_82f6c80d06_z.jpg

36731156630_c0eabd947d_z.jpg

I'm hopefully getting the widemouth done this weekend, so I'll cut the two centre bolts down.

Finished...(just enough light left for pics!)...

36315206763_b180f22cda_z.jpg

36939449716_899f4649c1_z.jpg

36315205573_b6633f286b_z.jpg

Edited by alex_e3