Mk 3 Octy interior light requirements for LED replacement

On 13/10/2017 at 22:22, wingzee said:

Are these bulbs for this - 36/38mm festoons?

Answer to my own post - festoons for reading lights are 36mm (those with panoramic sunroof).

Final piece of the full LED interior completed. Here’s one for the glovebox.

8E802717-DD50-410C-87E7-3EC1156BE677.jpeg

53EB1269-7C16-4A8F-AA1C-FAE05251440F.jpeg

DA4464EF-5F49-45D8-A9AC-6FCECD921DC2.jpeg

2389FF28-D511-47E5-BA92-A0D2C1C38CEF.jpeg

After the trials and tribulations of the LED number plate bulbs I bit the bullet and ordered a set of LED's for the interior, 3 for the rear reading light, 2 for the front, 1 for the glove box and 2 in the boot.

Really happy with the results, it makes the interior look a lot cleaner and brighter, no errors no problems fitting apart from figuring out how to remove the front reading light trim and didn't cost the earth.

pixlr_20171111013704649.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

if anyone is looking for led’s for trunk, this one are great... pure white color, without any blue-ish color and also high power!

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/2036929238.html?spm=a2g0n.orderList.0.0.16fff8e4Aqupy3

Now i’m looking for something like that, but less power, for footwell and roof (ambient) lighting... Few days back i received some leds and they were a little blueish, so i put them away, now i’m waiting for other package, hope they will be pure white as i want... if anyone have sugestion i’d like to here it :)

9FC9B1FE-3566-49D3-8AA9-56C2B5456794.jpeg

• Like 1

On 07/01/2018 at 23:18, wingzee said:

Did a full replacement for mine. No issues or whatsoever.

Fitted the front ones easily. But for the rest st the back I’m finding it hard to keep bothering the bulbs lit and not fall out is there anything I should be doing as I don’t want to short things out 

6 hours ago, Dasan said:

Fitted the front ones easily. But for the rest st the back I’m finding it hard to keep bothering the bulbs lit and not fall out is there anything I should be doing as I don’t want to short things out 

Mine comes with panoramic sunroof and it was tough to remove those from the sides, despite being gentle and followed the guide below I managed to broke the metal clips that came with it. Do order some spare ones if you are concerned.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HARBLL-New-Rear-Reading-Map-Dome-Light-Lamp-3B0947291-B-For-VW-Jetta-Golf-Passat-Beetle/32824695758.html

Firstly, thanks to all. I've been haunting this forum for the last few weeks/months seeking advice on a motor. I've settled on an MK3 L&K Superb that I'm picking up on Friday - can't wait!

Anyway, I've read through the info on this thread (thanks again!) and am wondering where the more recent posters have purchased their kits from? Most of the original links have expired and a search isn't throwing up too much for me.

On 1/16/2018 at 19:37, Apexor said:

Firstly, thanks to all. I've been haunting this forum for the last few weeks/months seeking advice on a motor. I've settled on an MK3 L&K Superb that I'm picking up on Friday - can't wait!

Anyway, I've read through the info on this thread (thanks again!) and am wondering where the more recent posters have purchased their kits from? Most of the original links have expired and a search isn't throwing up too much for me.

Interior
Boot lightning

Glovebox & door warning lights (red)

Footwell lightning (shown as error when scanned with OBDeleven, nothing on MFD - doesn’t bother me)

Front reading lights

Rear reading lights (at the sides, for those with panoramic sunroof)

On 1/18/2018 at 08:50, Dasan said:

Still can’t get the rear bulbs to fit in the holder :( any clues?

What is the type of bulbs you have? And are they the same size as the original? Mine just popped out with with a bit of pull, the holder was a different story altogether.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wingzee said:

Interior
Boot lightning

Glovebox & door warning lights (red)

Footwell lightning (shown as error when scanned with OBDeleven, nothing on MFD - doesn’t bother me)

Front reading lights

Rear reading lights (at the sides, for those with panoramic sunroof)

What is the type of bulbs you have? And are they the same size as the original? Mine just popped out with with a bit of pull, the holder was a different story altogether.

He same ones as the front the wedge. I think I’m going to take the full assembly out of the car and have a look.

• 2 weeks later...

As a newbie, I want to upgrade my Interior Lights from filament to LED (Oct MK3 64 Plate)

I kinda prefer not to use the cheaper Chinese versions,  anyone used the Phillips / Osram ones? any suggestions, any issues with Canbus?

Osram W5W

Phillips W5W

Only Osram do a 4000k Warm, and Phillips are all 6000K Cool.

Are all the Interior Lamps W5W - 501s?

Really appreciate it!

• 1 year later...

For anyone looking for information on LED replacement

Rear door overhead lights are festoon bulbs and although I measured 36.6mm , a 38mm Philips 4000k warm white fitted well.

To remove fitting use flat screwdriver or trim removal tool positioned from front to rear direction when viewing car. A spring clip retains light fixture. There is a squeeze clip electrical connector to allow you to remove fixture from cable. The back of fixture panel can be removed sideways to access bulb easily. See bottom of photo. The electrical cable is towards rear car side of light fixture.

20200120_183158.jpg

Edited by bmbmdmb

On 19/01/2018 at 07:30, Dasan said:

He same ones as the front the wedge. I think I’m going to take the full assembly out of the car and have a look.

Any recommendation for rear Indicator light bulbs for 1.4TSI 67plate (facelift)?

Edited by automass

Yes I’m wondering which rear indicator bulbs to fit to the MY20 with LED high clusters?
I don’t know why they didn’t fit all leds in factory? 
I’ve changed reverse bulbs ok but can’t find indicator ones other than on aliexpress which has quite a few and not sure which ones are best. 
Are there any at Halfords? 

Cheers. 

3 hours ago, Bertiethebear said:

Yes I’m wondering which rear indicator bulbs to fit to the MY20 with LED high clusters?
I don’t know why they didn’t fit all leds in factory? 
I’ve changed reverse bulbs ok but can’t find indicator ones other than on aliexpress which has quite a few and not sure which ones are best. 
Are there any at Halfords? 

Cheers. 

I have already ordered one from aliexpress today. will be able to feed you back once received. Wondering the same thing, why on earth they didnt put LED in factory!!!!

Edited by automass

On 25/01/2020 at 00:51, automass said:

I have already ordered one from aliexpress today. will be able to feed you back once received. Wondering the same thing, why on earth they didnt put LED in factory!!!!

Hi. 
Did you receive the Rear indicator bulbs yet? Also how did you manage to translate from German on aliexpress site?

Cheers.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bertiethebear said:

Haven'r received anything yet. Mine is English. I think there is a drop down menu where you can choose the language from.

• 2 weeks later...

Stupid seller has sent me the wrong fitment. So unfortunately the bulb i received is not worth at all. they fit in the reversing light bulb slot though. I have complained the seller and he is gonna reimburse the money.