207bhp Yeti Greenline 1.6tdi Project - Skoda Yeti SE Business 2.0 tdi 150ps SCR Project

DarrellGB

So have the insurance company (assuming they've been accurately informed) acceped a 43bhp gain on 105 as an 'eco' upgrade?

Wow you really are an annoying little bundle of fun aren't you!

Not that it's any of your business but yes they have and there was a slight increase per month.

Another interesting development!!!

Those who remember while I was at Shark we wanted to fit a VW Racing cold air intake, but there wasn't one to fit. So to cut a long story short, they are wanting the car for two days to develop one for the 1.6tdi.

I'll keep you posted and all being well get some pics up while I'm down there :)

• 2 weeks later...

The plan is coming together for the next lot of mods:

- S3 Intercooler

- VW Racing or j1automitive cold air intake (undecided but need to order this week!!)

- Whitline RARB

- 312mm brake upgrade, needing new hubs and callipers as well as carriers so bigger job than expected!

That lot with fitting (the bits I can't do) is going to run at about £1500 but will make a good difference to performance and handeling while keeping the car pretty OEM.

A few more goodies for Sharky :)

Yeti - 5pcs set of sun/privacy/bug shades

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/YETI/Yeti-5pcs-set-of-sun-privacy-bug-shades

And thanks to Briskoda member Mick 50, a new front seat of storage drawers, for both drivers and passenger seats and a new Sunglasses holder :)

Well after a lot of emails, pictures and phone calls to ITG, we've confirmed the right VW Racing Cold Air Intake for the 1.6tdi.

http://www.volkswagenracing.co.uk/parts/vwr-cold-air-intake-system-11/

So if anyone with the same engine is looking to upgrade I've saved you the research :) This will all be going on next week at Shark Performance.

Slight change of plans for Sharky.........

After a long chat with the guys at Shark Performance we are going to leave the VW Racing intake for now. It's not really needed until we go to stage 2 so we are going to invest in the handeling.

The car is booked in for the 19th November for the following.

We will now be fitting front and rear ARB's from Whitline which are 3 way adjustable.

15mm H&R wheel spacers all round.

S3 Intercooler, I'll pop up some pics of the work when I'm up there.

Bare in mind wheel spacers will mean more crud thrown up the sides of the Yeti.

And the shape of the Yeti causes issues with stone chips to the rear bodywork from debris coming off the front tyres.

• Like 2

And the shape of the Yeti causes issues with stone chips to the rear bodywork from debris coming off the front tyres.

Aargh tar spots too, please don't Darrel just for the sake of us who have to clean these cars. Especially on a white car.
  • Like 1

I looked at the cases of that which I could find, none of the ones who had the issue were Greenline's! Made me wonder if the lower stance has anything to do with it, or it's just that no Greenline owners have reported it?

I suppose the worst case scenario would be to keep an eye on it and remove them if nesessery, would be an fairly costly experiment if it goes wrong though :(

Aargh tar spots too, please don't Darrel just for the sake of us who have to clean these cars. Especially on a white car.

I've got my Turkish Ninjas down the road to clean it for me ;)

• Like 1

I looked at the cases of that which I could find, none of the ones who had the issue were Greenline's! Made me wonder if the lower stance has anything to do with it, or it's just that no Greenline owners have reported it?

The Greenline came out a while after the initial Yeti launch and as such they all have the rear protective film.

So it's less of an issue, but you'll still be peppering the rear doors and arches with muck.

I also doubt most Greenline Yetis are driven as enthusiastically as yours. ;)

• Like 1

I also doubt most Greenline Yetis are driven as enthusiastically as yours. ;)

Very true :) I can't wait to see what a little lift off over steer feels like with the Whitline kit fitted, on private roads off course ;)

I don't quite get wheel spacers. For looks, yes.... but for handling.... <shrug>. They don't directly affect how the main pivot points and loads on the suspension work. For handling, on the front wheels, more likely to stuff it up. Plus they introduce a worrying potential failure point. Not something I'd want on a larger - family - vehicle. It'd be better to play with offset by fitting different wheels.

• Like 1

I don't quite get wheel spacers. For looks, yes.... but for handling.... <shrug>. They don't directly affect how the main pivot points and loads on the suspension work. For handling, on the front wheels, more likely to stuff it up. Plus they introduce a worrying potential failure point. Not something I'd want on a larger - family - vehicle. It'd be better to play with offset by fitting different wheels.

I've decided against it after a bit of research :)

• Like 2

Well, its time for Sharkys next lot of upgrades :)

Im here at Shark performance for the S3 Intercooler and Whiteline ARB's fitting. 

With the intercooler we aren't looking for a power gain although the do recon on a 10-15% increase, which would put Sharky somewhere around 165bhp. The main reason is to hopefully give a smoother power delivery, pulling harder and longer through the revs, plus its in preparation of the turbo upgrade next year. 

With the Whiteline front and rear bars I'm hoping for a good handling performance increase and to pretty much eliminate any understeer. What understeer you say? well, driving with the traction control off reveals quite a lot of it, especially in the wet. Im also excited to see how the new grease free bushes perform (the black ones). 

I'll be posting up pics as the day goes on. 

Whiteline ARB's all ready to go on.

post-120571-0-19891800-1416397603_thumb.jpgpost-120571-0-67897600-1416397704_thumb.jpg

Grease Free Bushes

post-120571-0-52710600-1416397056_thumb.jpg

Rear ARB coming out and new one going in :)

post-120571-0-85810800-1416397085_thumb.jpgpost-120571-0-69421000-1416397772_thumb.jpg

Difference between the standard and Whitle RARB

post-120571-0-57243600-1416397106_thumb.jpg

Front ready to go in.

post-120571-0-31242900-1416397737_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting, not come across a K04 on a 1.6 diesel before.

No not the K04, his old tubo he took off when they did the conversion, I know it's been well maintained (regular oil changes) and only has 19,000 on it.

No not the K04, his old tubo he took off when they did the conversion, I know it's been well maintained (regular oil changes) and only has 19,000 on it.

Ah, the original turbo VAG fit.  Got it. :)

• Like 1