207bhp Yeti Greenline 1.6tdi Project - Skoda Yeti SE Business 2.0 tdi 150ps SCR Project

DarrellGB

Glad you've finally gone for the London Colour setup :)

Pop back over if/when you need VCDS :thumbup:

Brilliant, don't suppose you've got anytime tomorrow afternoon/evening?

After a fitting the HID's the rest of the lights on the car have gone crazy!!!

A lot of head scratching after Wardy coded the headlights and numberplate lights, the drivers side indicator is stuck on and it keeps throwing bulb outs for the front and rear indicators aswell as the fog lights.

It's got to be down to the HID fogs which I'll remove tomorrow and see if it makes any difference.

The Londoncolour HID headlights look great though, so do the HID fogs, just hope I can sort the indicator issue before having to drive to Sussex on Friday!!!

Well, the car had an electrical fit this morning and is now back at the dealership after Skoda Assist came out, they think it's the Body Control Module thats packed up.

I'm in a Yeti Monte Carlo until I go on Holiday on Monday and the garage are sorting the car while I'm away :)

Edited by DarrellGB

Blimey - well at least they found something :thumbup:

Really odd that didn't throw up *any* error code though. Or did they find something else with dealer diag?

• Like 1

Blimey - well at least they found something :thumbup:

Really odd that didn't throw up *any* error code though. Or did they find something else with dealer diag?

Nothing specific just a load of errors, steering position sensor, headlight washers not working, rear windows not working etc :(

OK. Did you see if those had been logged later than the time we had a look yesterday?

They all logged at the same time this morning according to the Skoda Recovery guy, the dash lit up like a Christmas tree when I started it!!

I removed all the lighting and fit standard bulbs to see if it made any difference but no such luck.

Edited by DarrellGB

• 3 weeks later...

Got the car back and yep, the BCM had cooked itself!!!! Mitchell Skoda were brilliant and the car was back on my drive waiting upon my return from Cyprus!!! Now thats customer service  :clap:

Decision now is do i try refitting the HID's and code straight away or just leave it for fear of the BCM cooking again?

Got the car back and yep, the BCM had cooked itself!!!! Mitchell Skoda were brilliant and the car was back on my drive waiting upon my return from Cyprus!!! Now thats customer service  :clap:

Decision now is do i try refitting the HID's and code straight away or just leave it for fear of the BCM cooking again?

its weird why yours went wrong. I've always fitted non canbus HIDs from londoncolor on ebay and never had any issues. all coded at the same time as fitting too

Why not use some relays to bypass the bcm so your HID kit is drawing power direct from battery and using the existing headlight supply to trigger the relays. Although you might need some sort of resistors to cancel out the bulb warning light.

Edited by wiilydog
  • Like 1

its weird why yours went wrong. I've always fitted non canbus HIDs from londoncolor on ebay and never had any issues. all coded at the same time as fitting too

I think me having them on a week before coding could have caused the issue, getting them coded once fitted should be ok i hope. 

Sad day as the Yeti Greenline goes back to standard, it's been the most fun I've had on a project but still undecided as to what I should go for next, any thoughts?

post-120571-0-20511000-1470911525_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 09/02/2020 at 11:30, Uppishraccoon said:

Any link for the old return feed from darkside?

I've for  a 1.6tdi seat Ibiza (2013) and what to put the cr177 turbo on

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/braided-oil-feed-line-for-1-6-2-0-tdi-oval-port-cr-engines.html

• 2 weeks later...