Watford and Surrounding Area

Watfordbrianskoda

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Appreciate the replies to the initial post, was starting to think not many briskoda members live near Watford.

Anyone possibly fancy a meet up / piggy back onto VAG meet at the Ace Cafe?

http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/event_view.aspx?event_id=1353&date=25/11/2014%2000:00:00

Guy from work has been done a few times with his cars. Chance to the boost the Skoda Figures up?

It's the place where 5th gear was filmed on the Nth Circular Road in NW10

Any-takers?? Might drag my brother (Fabia VRS) down if he's not working

Regards

Brian

The Ace is literally just a few minutes down the A40 from me, so would potentially be up for it.

I have to ask though, is the VAG meet actually a sociable occasion?

Reason for asking is that over the last few years (when I had the Citroen), I went along to the monthly french car meet at the Ace a few times there - sadly this was a regular meet filled with deeply unsociable people who ignored anyone new that turned up, and were only interested in looking at each other's horribly mangled rusty rot boxes (mostly Peugeot 306's that looked like they had been banger racing). One person actually sneered in disgust at my C4 because it was immaculate and gleaming.

I know all meets at the Ace are not like this (some of the American classic car and muscle car meets there are an absolute hoot with great people and fab cars for example), but the french car stuff has left me somewhat underwhelmed about modern car marque meets at the Ace.

If the VAG meet is more of the same (I hope it isn't), I'll give it a miss. Little point going if we are just going to be shunned and ignored because we didn't roll up in a Golf GFI that's been slammed so low the exhaust leaves a trail of sparks in its wake.

The Ace is literally just a few minutes down the A40 from me, so would potentially be up for it.

I have to ask though, is the VAG meet actually a sociable occasion?

Reason for asking is that over the last few years (when I had the Citroen), I went along to the monthly french car meet at the Ace a few times there - sadly this was a regular meet filled with deeply unsociable people who ignored anyone new that turned up, and were only interested in looking at each other's horribly mangled rusty rot boxes (mostly Peugeot 306's that looked like they had been banger racing). One person actually sneered in disgust at my C4 because it was immaculate and gleaming.

I know all meets at the Ace are not like this (some of the American classic car and muscle car meets there are an absolute hoot with great people and fab cars for example), but the french car stuff has left me somewhat underwhelmed about modern car marque meets at the Ace.

If the VAG meet is more of the same (I hope it isn't), I'll give it a miss. Little point going if we are just going to be shunned and ignored because we didn't roll up in a Golf GFI that's been slammed so low the exhaust leaves a trail of sparks in its wake.

The VAG meet is pretty good. Quite a lot of good people there. Comrades of vag are there every month and they are all pretty much into the show and shine.

Of you can put up with the odd person walking around with a joint it's not a bad night.

No idea why people have to get high to go look at cars.

Clearly there's a few of us close by... would the original poster like to start making arrangements for a meet. Or are we all just going to sit here posting our locations and never do anything about it?