Watford and Surrounding Area

Watfordbrianskoda

Right - now I have my car back from the garage, I've put the VAG meet at the Ace on Nov 25h in my dairy. I'll definitely be there, who else is going to come along?

Cheers

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still coming. But will be with skippyvrs' silver mk1 octy vrs

Good - I'm sill coming, so good to know I won't be there on my own :)

Anyone know what time they'll be getting there?

hmm, im tempted. tell me more and I might come along

What's to tell (and you were told this the last time you asked) come down to the Ace and be sociable with other members (and other VAG owners).

Chris - sat in traffic on the A40

Good to meet Andy2286 tonight at the Ace and to see his great looking Octi (thanks again for the tea). Shame we didn't have more people show up.

Despite the poor weather, there was a good VW, Seat and Audi turnout, although the place was rather overrun with with unsociable youngsters playing drum & bass at ear-splitting volume from their slammed Golfs and Leons, plus a bunch in a red Seat next to my car who were either selling drugs, taking drugs or both - the smell of weed from the car was immense and there was some very suspect activity at the boot of the car for a large part of the evening (including one guy making a bong out of a coke bottle)

We definitely need to try this again - but maybe find somewhere else, maybe a nice pub with a car park.

I did say about the ace cafe! You pulled away in the rapid just as I walked in the car park! Drive past and you had your lights on talking to someone through the window. By the time we parked you was leaving! Gutted. Got stuck at work. I Diddnt leave Central London till gone 6 then had to go home to get picked up.

Hopefully we'll have better luck next time. Sorry we missed you. What you saw was me and Andy chatting about the rediculous way my windows fogged up and how weak my blowers were :)

Sorry I missed you mate, had I seen you I would've hung around for a bit.

We definitely need to try and arrange a proper meet for perhaps a Saturday afternoon, maybe a nice pub with a decent sized car park.

Though what's happened to watforbrianskoda, he seems to have gone rather quiet on the whole meet, strange considering he was the one who got the ball rolling.

As Chris mentioned, and just as I suspected, the place was filled to the brim with chavved up Golfs and Leons... our poor Skodas looked rather out of place!

On a side note, I finally got a parking space outside the house and I'm off work till Sunday... must try wash and wax the Octavia (weather permitting)

Edited by andy2286
  • Like 1

I think a weekday meet at Enfield might cause problems for those coming clockwise on M25.

A weekend would be much better for me and whitewebs is a good choice.

Any idea as to a date yet?