Girardi's Mk1 Octy vRS

Girardi

i changed these and the bush on the lever made soooo much difference about £3 from dealers

Is the lever bush a hard one to do or is it fairly straightforward? I'm assuming it's the little white one?

• Like 1

Fed up with the knocks I've been hearing over any minor bump in the road, I decided it was time for a new set of Lemforder droplinks.

B3A1B6AD-2C09-4270-BA8E-F097FC022C09_zps

Wishbones might need doing at some point, but no real play in there so will wait until they actually need it and then get some with the solid TT bushes.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

A few small updates. I did say at the start that this would be a slow burn right? :)

Drivers window died whilst down - in the rain - grr.

New regulator fixed the problem but in the mean time I had to deal with this lovely bodge inside the drivers door...

unknown_zpsfvchacgb.jpg

• Like 1

Added an armrest out of a Mk4 Golf. Needed a new lid and the foot and side pieces from TPS for the Octy as the Golf is a different fit. Looks OEM in there and very comfy.

IMG_20160517_091252596_zpsgzd92ryn.jpg

• Like 1

Daughter was due a new car seat. Naturally I couldn't resist and excuse to a. buy Recaro goodness, and b. Colour match my interior...

IMG_20160405_083102091_zpsdmeisrh8.jpg

Edited by Girardi
  • Like 2

Finally got round to fitting a RARB. Maybe I'll whip it off and paint it vRS green in the summer, but for now just happy to have it on the car. My god what a difference it makes. Handling is like night and day to before it was fitted. I went straight for the hardest setting and very glad I did - if you don't have one of these, go out and get one right now!

IMG_20160516_193409297_zpszb0ecpsf.jpg

• Like 3

Finally got round to fitting a RARB. Maybe I'll whip it off and paint it vRS green in the summer, but for now just happy to have it on the car. My god what a difference it makes. Handling is like night and day to before it was fitted. I went straight for the hardest setting and very glad I did - if you don't have one of these, go out and get one right now!

IMG_20160516_193409297_zpszb0ecpsf.jpg

so want a RARB......

Car has also had a new fuel filter, oil filter and fresh oil as well as a fresh set of properly gapped NGK BKR7E plugs. Feels lovely and smooth now.

what did you gap them to ?

Hi, Does anyone know if a mk4 Golf armrest will fit directly into my Mk1 Octy vrs?

Cheers

Yes and no.

So the basic setup is a metal 'foot' which secures below the trim over the top of the handbrake etc. The armrest itself bolts to the foot, and then there's two trim pieces that cover the metal of the foot.

The golf foot and trim pieces do NOT fit the Octavia, but the armrest itself is identical. With the right foot though it's all bolt in with no modifying.

The trim bits you could probably modify with a dremel - they just need some trimming at the bottom. The foot however you will need to buy separate.

I got my armrest for £25 off eBay with a new top.

The foot and trim pieces from Skoda (new) worked out about £30 all in IIRC. So basically £55 all in for all parts.

Fitting took like 20 mins but I spent a while cleaning things up under the trim while I was there, you don't need to do that :)

Edited by Girardi

• 2 months later...

Two small changes for the summer.

Added a Cupra R splitter to the front. I know everyone does this but it does look oh so right!

Also just added a set of Xenon headlights. Original ones, not the eBay copies. Can't wait for winter now as rarely drive in the dark anymore but they look the business...

750BC133-F2B5-4A4A-8E6F-817F56F557B8_zps

A1DCD7B0-B01F-46F7-A633-396D5B9F9231_zps

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...