Gizmo’S Edition 100

Gizmo

Thought this deserved it’s own journal even when it was only bought as a ‘work shed’  :D

I part ex’d my MKII Superb Elegance Combi (bought brand new but during the last 12 months it was sitting at work all week gathering dust and not getting the use it deserved) for this 2006 Superb Edition 100 (a ltd edition to celebrate Skoda’s 100th year of car production, think of an Elegance spec car with more toys thrown at it!)

I have previously owned a 2004 Deep Sea Blue MKI Superb Comfort with the same AWX (PD130) engine and manual box:

DSC00891.jpg

Anyway back onto the Ed 100

Before I got the car:

DSCF3041_zpsfbce2cce.jpg

DSCF3043_zps001dcbf8.jpg

DSCF3042_zps8a46618f.jpg

The day of ownership of an Edition 100 arrived,

Next to the Combi:

photo2_zps81de7fd0.jpg

Combi being driven of by it’s new owner:

photo1_zpsb61aebf5.jpg

:sweat:  :sweat:  :sweat:

The car was in pretty good condition for an 8 year old with nearly 74K miles, there were a few areas that I wanted to address though:

Change the interior lights / sidelights etc for LED’s:

photo4_zpsb6dd0ebb.jpg

photo2_zps867d77f8.jpg

All of the badges were showing a fair bit of white worm and the green was also fading:

imagejpg2_zps7bfe42aa.jpg

New wheel badges / bolt covers fitted:

imagejpg1_zpsf0079ffa.jpg

The wheels whilst in fair condition were not as nice as I like them, but as it’s just a work car they were good enough!

The leather just wanted a good clean (Dr.Leather cleaner) to be expected from light coloured leather.

The front o/s calliper was juddering slightly - previous owner thought it may be sticking slightly, so I decided to replace the full set of discs and pads... this cured the vibration.

The paintwork was generally very good, but I intended to give it a light detail to remove the swirl marks ... just because thats what I do to my cars  :D  :

imagejpg4_zpsa24da0d5.jpg

The Edition 100 came with a sat nav as std, but I have never really liked the small screen sat nave so it ‘had’ to go  :D :

photo2_zps14e7287b.jpg

To be replaced with a Pioneer app radio:

photo3_zps576985b3.jpg

• Like 2

So for a ‘cheap and nasty’ work car I have got a little carried away, but thats all I’m going to do... honest  :blush:  

Watch this space  :D

Somehow mate, I don't believe you will be able to stop yourself from doing further mods

I once bought a Zafira, to cure me of my modding addiction.

My missus was so pleased I had finally seen the light.

2 weeks later, it had a full bodykit, power flow duplex exhaust and big alloys!

You can't fight the modding gene, resistance is futile :D

• Like 3

Just been going through the pictures of my old ED100.  You've done a good job and it looks the business.

I'm missing the old girl but hope to look at the suspension on the combi soon so may have to pick your brains for advice.

ps The Combi tows a treat and I sometimes have to rein myself in when towing bot solo it pulls like a train.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ring Xenon Max (H3) main beam bulbs fitted and adjusted (they were very low)

Fizzmo LED numberplate bulbs fitted as I got through two sets in as many weeks (failed after approx 10 miles!) 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Couple of minor cosmetic changes done to her bum:

IMG_0891_zps0gwfgome.jpg

The best LED’s I have found so far are from someone on Facebook (Kevin Larkin) they are not cheap at £6.50 each (+VAT and delivery) BUT they are pretty impressive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Quantum Tuning map removed (it made the car quite peaky and IMO ruined the drive).

Full service to be done today when the temperature drops a little outside (also replacing the gearbox oil whilst the car is in the air)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...