How do you fit new fog light bulbs, MK III Vrs

Done a search but to no avail,

I'm wanting to change the fog light bulbs on my MK III Vrs, I have removed the grill, but my hands are quite big and I can't get my hand in to remove the old bulbs. Can the whole fog light be removed by turning the plastic pole fastened to what looks like a white plastic nut.

The Octavia MKIII Manual doesn't show fitting the fog light bulbs for a Vrs, just a standard Octavia.

Any help would be appreciated 

Thanks

Done a search but to no avail,

I'm wanting to change the fog light bulbs on my MK III Vrs, I have removed the grill, but my hands are quite big and I can't get my hand in to remove the old bulbs. Can the whole fog light be removed by turning the plastic pole fastened to what looks like a white plastic nut.

The Octavia MKIII Manual doesn't show fitting the fog light bulbs for a Vrs, just a standard Octavia.

Any help would be appreciated 

Thanks

Manual? 

The Vrs has 2  bulbs per side in a different set up to an ordinary Octavia as shown in the Manual. The Manual on this occasion is no good

Is the mk2 the mk3 ? Wasn't the first octavia out in the sixties. also do you mean your face lifted vrs or the latest 2014 shape....This dilemma is twisting my melon man

You can't take the fog light unit off without removing the bumper, you can replace the bulbs in situ though.

There is a small black holding clip on each bulb (which seems to serve no purpose) which you can pop off with a screw driver, the you can reach round and twist the bulb to unlock then remove.

It's a little fiddley (outer bulbs are easy but the inners are more awkward) but it can be done as I changed mine to LED versions.

That plastic pole is the adjustment for alignment

You can't take the fog light unit off without removing the bumper, you can replace the bulbs in situ though.

There is a small black holding clip on each bulb (which seems to serve no purpose) which you can pop off with a screw driver, the you can reach round and twist the bulb to unlock then remove.

It's a little fiddley (outer bulbs are easy but the inners are more awkward) but it can be done as I changed mine to LED versions.

That plastic pole is the adjustment for alignment

Thanks Xpower, I'll have a go at getting my hand in. Which way does the clip come off?

• 1 year later...

5.2 Removing and installing fog light

Remove (except for Octavia RS)

– For example, insert a hook into the opening in the grid

-

top arrow- in order to remove the wheel trim cap (tool kit) and

unclip the grid

-1-

from the catches in sequence and take out.

– Unscrew screws -1- (1.5 Nm).

Caution

When using the lever tool, mask points where the lever tool is

applied using commercially available adhesive tape.

Loosen the catch

-

arrow A- with a screwdriver and remove the

headlight -arrow B-.

– Disconnect plug.

Remove - Octavia RS

Remove headlight left - front bumper ⇒ Body Work; Rep. gr.

63 .

Remove headlight right - vehicles with auxiliary heating - front

bumper ⇒ Body Work; Rep. gr. 63 , without auxiliary heating

- remove front right wheelhouse liner ⇒ Body Work; Rep. gr.

66 .

– Release screws -arrows-.

– Disconnect connectors -2- and remove headlamp -1-.

Install

Installation is carried out in the reverse order.

5.3 Adjusting fog lights

Note

Use a headlight beam setting device for setting the headlight

beam. The nominal values and the adjustment procedure can be

found in the Manual ⇒ Maintenance ; Booklet Octavia III .

Octavia III 2013 ➤ , Octavia III 2014 ➤

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just fitted the led's and vcds coding all working well, 

what i suggest esp for the inner light is to disconnect from the bulb first, theres f all space to get the connector and bulb than place you're led in locking by turning clockwise than reconnect to the plug and sorted, the oute ones are much easier to deal with but the inners are a pain, whoever thought that design up must have though everyone in the world has tiny hands.

• 6 years later...
On 26/09/2017 at 13:06, ahenners said:

They look awesome! First pic I've seen of the new LED fogs! :cool:

Got same shape vrs one of my fog lights isnt working any idea how to remove the fog light or change bulb etc? I hope its not a bumper off job.