Map

Cormholio

first thing to do is get the 110 injectors - i think from memory they are .216 size?

i believe that and a minor fueling rate on idle adjustment is the only difference between the 90 - 110 versions. then anything else is mapping.

Though, i might be thinking post FL - does yours have the Variable vane turbo?

throw a request in the mk1 Octy section for a better response though :)

Just a wastegate turbo right ill have a look around for injectors will throwin in them injectors not throw everything off

Can the fueling rate be adjusted on vagcom I got ine havnt a breeze how to use it

other than to check for errors ofcorse

cheers

Pretty sure theres a VCDS help thread somewhere, but if you cant find it, just post a request in the mk1 Octy forum.

the lads on there know their 5hit, so will be able to advise on what needs doing.

I'll ask a MOD to move this thread there if you like?

from memory - i thought about this about 2yrs ago, but didnt bother as it was going to up my running costs ie insurance -

the bigger injectors just need the fuel adjustment to prevent over fueling at idle, which causes a rough running.

BUT that might be the vnt turbo only im not sure at all ...

• Like 1

Installed 110 injectors defo more poke not running rough or anything but did adjust the iq slightly would like to find out what exactly to set Iq at, also have it booked in for a map on Monday

• Like 1

Get on to Joe at chippireland - http://www.chippedire.com/

He'll do a custom map for your car, measured on his rolling road in less than 2 hours. I think it cost me about €300 and I drove the car for 40k+ miles after the map with no errors or issues. However I was careful not to give it full power until it was up to temperature and kept the shifts pretty smooth (No DMF/clutch issues either and the car was well past 100k miles, still judder free on the original clutch/DMF when I sold it). It's still running perfectly with the new owner AFAIK.

My Superb CR170 will hopefully be going in to him in the next while to get it a little past 200 bhp and 400 Nm. Going beyond 200 bhp tends to turn front wheel drive cars into understeering messes without serious suspension tweaking anyway (Focus ST, Megane 225 and Leon Cupra might be exceptions to this one, but the Superb chassis is more about comfort than handling), so it's as far as the 2WD car can go anyway.

Edited by psycholist
  • Like 1

The old dual mass on mine was annoying chattering allot no problem take off or shifting on a solid flywheel now feels much better and lighter in the pedal the fella doin mine was just goin over it today as I told him bout the injectors and making sure the new N75 was plumbed up right getting it chipped tomo as the old ecu can't just plug in. Runs like a beauty though but with the injectors it is a tad on the heavy side of drinking fuel livable but the map should make it more economical I hear

Economy on mine got slightly better after the map on my 1.9 PD (Once I got used to it) as it would hold 5th down to 40 km/h without labouring. I'd be very wary of running any of the common rail diesel engines on a single mass flywheel but enough people have done it with the PD engines that it seems to be safe enough, probably because the PD is old enough that it probably wasn't originally designed for a DMF.

Changing to single mass flywheel will transfer more stress to the other components leading to things like cracked crankshafts and failed gearboxes on newer engines. The DMF does lead to horrible skipping on the driven wheels if you hit a bump fast enough to make the wheels light enough to break traction as the DMF is always wound up while under load.

• Like 1

+1 for Joe, recently did a dpf removal egr blank and mild map, didnt go too mad as its on 12k miles and the original clutch/dmf and cant afford to change em yet :P

more low end grunt, and economy up 10-15%

• Like 3