Electric boot struts.....

Bargain basement parts! I doubt the Audi badge company car men/woman suffer the same frequent problems......

As I said before the same part is used across VW group, made by the same manufacturer to the same standards and quality. But again you post as though the parts Skoda use is of inferior quality when they are exactly the same.... I get that you have had issues with your car and are angry and fed up with it but many of the parts are shared across the 4 brands of the VW group

• Like 2

Just asking.

Have used electric boot lid now 5 months (MY2015b). No oil leaking struts, but I use only the height position 2 and I'm just 189 cm tall.
If the struts are leaking, are you using the highest possible opening (top position of the lid)?

• 2 months later...

So far *touch wood* mine are fine, the boot gets open most days it's used.

Though I'd be worried about this option out of warranty after seeing the above bill!!

That equates to £584, while no small sum it's not the end of the world....

• Like 1

That equates to £584, while no small sum it's not the end of the world....

I realized after my initial shock that it wasn't UK£ but NZ$, so yes not as bad as I first thought.

• Like 1

I think the parts are around £450 per side according to my dealer. I have one side that's ok and one side leaking oil both sides are the revised parts with the new part number.

That didn't last long (again).

Touch wood, my replacements seem fine at the moment.

• Like 1

There was some oil on them after they had been fitted but it was put down to being there to protect them during transport. Dealer cleaned it off and one side has remained fine one side is leaking badly, I also need to get my door seals looked at due to water retention

• 2 weeks later...

So my car had its first service and I asked the leaking boot struts to be checked over and replaced due to the leak but I'm informed that they are not leaking enough to warrant replacing.

Sounds a trivial matter but if someone gets hurt if they fail?

Edited by octavianestate

• 5 months later...

I believe my struts are leaking but Skoda say they are fine - Please can people advice on the pics I have linked, if people had them replaced under warranty were they much worse than these.

I have spoken to skoda customer care as well but they just speak to the garage and take their view,  going for another garage .to check tomorrow hopefully.

So far I have been told -

1.. First time they were checked - over packed with grease from factory , wiped off but 1 week later oil present.

2..Second visit - They are meant to be like that, self lubricating and oil will be present.

Now I think this is bull,I dont feel oil should be where it is, advice please

[/url]">http:// [/url]">http://http://s1239.photobucket.com/user/mickeyfinagin/media/DSC_0277.jpg.html'>DSC_0277.jpg

Edited by Dirtydogg