£1 per litre

James I

it looks like petrol could drop as low as £1 per litre as the super markets are gearing up for a price war. 

I have read this in the Daily Mirror so it must be true, take a look 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/personal-finance/fuel-set-fall-1-litre-4505655

Personally I am doubtful this will happen but would be happy if it did.

Any reduction would be gratefully received.

Although regional variations will make the headline prices quite a way out.

Just today I've seen diesel at £1.269 in Birmingham up to £1.329 in Wigan.

I paid £1.278 in Shropshire yesterday, but that garage is always 1-2p cheaper than the next ones on the A49.

If you are lucky to live in the 'right' place, you could be lucky and see below £1.10 before Spring.

Any reduction would be gratefully received.

Although regional variations will make the headline prices quite a way out.

Just today I've seen diesel at £1.269 in Birmingham up to £1.329 in Wigan.

I paid £1.278 in Shropshire yesterday, but that garage is always 1-2p cheaper than the next ones on the A49.

If you are lucky to live in the 'right' place, you could be lucky and see below £1.10 before Spring.

It's not just regional. Fuel is normally 3p/L more expensive in Burton upon Trent than in Derby, which is about 10 miles away.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I remember, back when i started driving, petrol was around 88p irish per litre, at the time the exchange rate was about equal... man it was so cheap!!!

I remember, back when i started driving, petrol was around 88p irish per litre, at the time the exchange rate was about equal... man it was so cheap!!!

I remember when I started Smoking 10, No 6 were 10p " How much are 10 cigs today £4.00 "

Just to add I packed up 10 years ago

• Like 1

Just filled up at the Nisa garage up the road, Tesco had been at £1.29.9 since about January with an increase to £1.31.9 through July then back to £1.29.9.

Nisa has taken over our local garage recently and stuck prices at £1.23.9

I remember when I started Smoking 10, No 6 were 10p " How much are 10 cigs today £4.00 "

Just to add I packed up 10 years ago

AS of the morning after our 2015 budget announcement a couple of weeks ago - €10 for 20, no 10 boxes allowed on sale for a few yrs to discourage teens taking it up.

thank christ i never smoked!!

My local Esso filling station is currently 1.239/litre for normal unleaded which is 1p a litre cheaper than the local Sainsbury's at the moment!

When I first started driving petrol was about 0.70p/gallon oh for those days again!  

Edited by Prykey

I am so old I can remember my mother running her Hillman Hunter for a whole week on £5 of 4 star.

Malvern used to be very expensive for fuel, but one of the independent garages got taken over last year, and the new owners have been aggressively under cutting the supermarket garages for about 18 months now. When they started the supermarket were charging £1.40 per litre (and BP et all were charging £1.44), now it is down to £1.24 and falling.

100 ringgits buys 45litres of shell diesel in Malaysia. 

Thats about 20quid in our money or 40 odd p a litre.  

And they are complaining about that! Their new PM has recently

doubled the price.

"I don't want any of this cheap petrol, I want posh petrol, thanks very much"

Don't see any cars on your list that really need V-Power :D

No no no, he means he wants POSH petrol, with a hint of Basil and Rosemary, gentle simmered for EXACTLY 20 minutes, then decanted into a crystal goblet.

• Like 2

No no no, he means he wants POSH petrol, with a hint of Basil and Rosemary, gentle simmered for EXACTLY 20 minutes, then decanted into a crystal goblet.

I find it better if the Basil was grown on the Eastern slopes of the volcano, the morning sun affects the growth, and the taste (although that's not an issue as a petrochemical ingredient) :)

• Like 1

Fuel prices going down, get ready for tax increase at next Budget :swear:

Too true,they've got to make for the loss of tax take somewhere.

( I can remember when a 10 bob note got me 3 gallons of petrol for my mini,with enough change left over for a bag of chips...)

You can get 20p a litre off in Tesco you only need to spend £500

Crud is about $85 a barrel.

Quick Google show that the last time it was at that was about June 2010 (ignoring a dip in 2012ish) and that petrol prices were between 114p and 120p

http://www.infomine.com/investment/metal-prices/crude-oil/all/

We're not a million miles away form those figures.

The other side of a 2008 spike petrol ,say mid 2007, petrol was ~98p.

^ very crude 5min research

I hope this happens for my bikes sake! There was a price war in the area of the Netherlands I lived in for the last year I was there with LukOil arriving taking over a lot of BP stations. Diesel dropped nearly €0.20 a litre (and was already cheaper than UK) this stayed for the entire year until I moved! The mileage of the vRS over doubled in that time :D 

You can get 20p a litre off in Tesco you only need to spend £500

Crud is about $85 a barrel.

Quick Google show that the last time it was at that was about June 2010 (ignoring a dip in 2012ish) and that petrol prices were between 114p and 120p

http://www.infomine.com/investment/metal-prices/crude-oil/all/

We're not a million miles away form those figures.

The other side of a 2008 spike petrol ,say mid 2007, petrol was ~98p.

^ very crude 5min research

I've been keeping records since 2005 and it was between 84 and 97p until November 2007 when it began a rapid climb to 134p.

It then droppped back to 98p before climbing steadily to 140 in april 2011 and has actually been pretty stable since then.

post-472-0-38649000-1414417010_thumb.png

• Like 2