Chunk's Superb Estate 3.6

Chunk11

Car looks great. You have some excellent mods so far :thumbup:

Would be great to hear how easy and the cost to fit the paddle steering wheel and paddles?

I would love to have the paddle shift steering wheel but wonder how often you will actually use it? :D

I ordered my steering wheel which comes with the paddleshift and airbag from Skoda dop from the Czech rep and it was £287 delivered.

Fitting is:

- Disconnect battery leave for 5 mins.

- Unclip two airbag clips on rear of airbag. Lift airbag out and unclip the two connectors (yellow and black) for airbag and multifunction then fully lift out the airbag and place out of the way.

- Using m12 spline bit remove bolt in centre of the wheel and lift off steering wheel

- Place new steering wheel on and refit bolt and torque to 50nm making sure the steering wheel remains straight.

- Connect black and yellow connectors from rear of airbag to steering wheel then give the airbag a firm push to clip into place.

- Reconnect battery

- Turn on ignition and test out steering wheel functions then drive 100 meters to clear all warning lights which will be on having disconnected the battery

- Get a nice Briskoda member to VCDS code the paddleshift. Total cost wheel £287 a bit of manual labour and some beer tokens for VCDS coding

Edited by Chunk11

Due to xmas the wheel took approximately 6 weeks to arrive and the fitting approximately 20 - 25 minutes. You may have seen some of the problems I had with fitting my wheel but that was down to them sending me the wrong loom/connectors. Without this accidental issue everything is straight forward.

Been to a very kind brisky members house today and had the paddleshift activated so spent lots of time on my journey today unnecessarily changing gear via paddleshift...

Just to get used to it of course...

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right the next two mods on my list:

- ECS drilled/grooved discs with uprated pads £1000

- Cat back exhaust £600

Hopefully if I can work some decent overtime should be getting these in the next couple of months!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately as much as I want the above two modifications I just can't justifiy £1600 so it's back to just painting my brake callipers red and taking it to Awesome GTI for a full service.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Having decided I am not going to upgrade my car any further my attentions have gone towards two wheels and getting my motorbike license.

Although I did find time the other day to give it a detail.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/374013-chunks-detail-of-his-skoda-superb-estate-36/#entry4401717

The Car is looking stunning at the moment Chris. :rock:

Good luck with the motorbike license :thumbup:

• 6 months later...