Honda New Type R 2015 prices , spec and release dates

vrskeith

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 18:55, vrskeith said:

Owners reporting problems with notchy gearboxes.

Will be interesting to see how, Honda CS / Engineering deal with these early issues.

Repair solution?

Under warranty did he get a loaner Honda CS?

Honda CS / Dealership response to owners gearbox issues.

Long winded vlog but he does get somewhere to some extent.

Edited by vrskeith

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, stever750 said:

Keith, are you buying one? 

Steve, no but did enjoy my test drive around my Wiltshire country lanes back in October.

Have a few tech engineering friends who work in Honda Swindon -home of the Type R.

I'm very happy with my Boxster 981 and of course my Golf R mk7.5 Estate. Fall back with the missus's Polo GTI 1.8 DSG for a little blast out around the lanes.

42 minutes ago, stever750 said:

Which Golf have you got, as in 300, 310, 320 or whatever it is now? Half a bhp over the equivalent Seat? :)

Golf R mk7.5 is 310ps. Estate. Good enough for us Steve, bloody  quick Estate that handles very nearly as well as the Hatch.

VK17CCN4.jpg

Edited by vrskeith

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some braking / stopping when nipping on would have been good, because it is usual seeing hot hatches going forward like that and hanging on in a lane next to another vehicle and yet you know the driver really is not that much in control.

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 16:53, vrskeith said:

Great job you Honda Employees in Swindon UK.

Lets hope Brexit doesn't F...K it up for Japanese and other manufactures in the UK .

Engine built in the US of A Mr Trump -honest. 

Edited by vrskeith

Autocar now running a long-term FK8.

No mention yet of gear change notchiness as experienced by some early USA owners. ( 1-2-3 changes mainly 2to 3rd I believe)

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/Honda/civic-type-r/first-drives/honda-civic-type-r-long-term-review

On 2/16/2018 at 10:42, vrskeith said:

Great job you Honda Employees in Swindon UK.

Lets hope Brexit doesn't F...K it up for Japanese and other manufactures in the UK .

Engine built in the US of A Mr Trump -honest. 

Makes one very proud.  Go past the plant when on the A417 quite often (pleas fix the other end of the A417 Dept of Trans).   

• Like 1

On 19/02/2018 at 17:28, lol-lol said:

Makes one very proud.  Go past the plant when on the A417 quite often (pleas fix the other end of the A417 Dept of Trans).   

The air balloon is in hand...

6 hours ago, skomaz said:

The air balloon is in hand...

I think they still considering between Option 12 and Option 30........ 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-43058980

If we judge this Government, or any shade of it since 2010, on the Third Runway at Heathrow, (Amsterdam has 6 runway, Frankfurt and Paris 4), managing to tackle the UK national debt, (said it would make the books balance in 2015, then 2020, then 2022 then gave up giving a date) and their BREXIT organisation, or complete lack of it, then I have zero confidence on the Cons achieving anything they say.   

Edited by lol-lol
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, lol-lol said:

I think they still considering between Option 12 and Option 30........ 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-43058980

If we judge this Government, or any shade of it since 2010, on the Third Runway at Heathrow, (Amsterdam has 6 runway, Frankfurt and Paris 4), managing to tackle the UK national debt, (said it would make the books balance in 2015, then 2020, then 2022 then gave up giving a date) and their BREXIT organisation, or complete lack of it, then I have zero confidence on the Cons achieving anything they say.   

Good job the assessments and analysis is being done by competent consultants then rather than the public sector...

51 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Good job the assessments and analysis is being done by competent consultants then rather than the public sector...

Carillion will do it, with the assistance PwC accounting ,overseen by a Cons Chancellor and the treasury. Maybe even a helping hand of HMRC.

28 minutes ago, vrskeith said:

Carillion will do it, with the assistance PwC accounting ,overseen by a Cons Chancellor and the treasury. Maybe even a helping hand of HMRC.

PwC are the Liquidators at Carillion, KPMG were the Auditors.  

HMRC no longer get Preferred Creditor status so will get the 5p in the pound or whatever is left after final liquidation numbers are crunched.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skomaz said:

It looks like still taking so many years to actually complete that many of us who suffer from the Air Balloon roundabout to other near the Highwayman roundabout many of us will have retired anyways.

PwC as liquidators!  I suppose someone has to, so it might as well be them.

Order in some new Range Rovers for visiting sites around the UK.

So there they are, plenty of money will be there to be sure they are paid. 

Stuff everyone else / creditors / those un-employed now, be sure that PwC are going to do well out of it.

Maybe there will be court cases against KPMG and they can contribute, but as we know it will be the UK Treasury / Tax Payers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lol-lol said:

PwC are the Liquidators at Carillion, KPMG were the Auditors.  

HMRC no longer get Preferred Creditor status so will get the 5p in the pound or whatever is left after final liquidation numbers are crunched.

Thanks for the correction lol-lol