Honda New Type R 2015 prices , spec and release dates

vrskeith

I just read the Auto Express article.

as usual they did not have the date or the prices,

'Around £30,000',   sometime in 2015.   

Geez a Job!

• Like 1

Looks good form teh front but have they sorted out the hideous arse that Civics have?

nope.

Article link

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/civic/85978/honda-civic-type-r-2015-price-release-date-pics-and-specs

If they've gone turbo doesn't that take away a lot of the USP of the original CTR?

Edited by Aspman

Aha. Are they all the same link?

Waiting for specs is like waiting for vtec to kick in..,

I think so, it's the same Autoexpress article by the looks of it.

The new CTR doesn't look to be my cup of tea. I've gone abit past my bodykit and huge spoiler phase lol!

To be honest if I had that as my daily driver I'd feel frankly a little embarrassed turning up to see people in a professional capacity in it..... :-)

• Like 1

I think so, it's the same Autoexpress article by the looks of it.

The new CTR doesn't look to be my cup of tea. I've gone abit past my bodykit and huge spoiler phase lol!

To be honest if I had that as my daily driver I'd feel frankly a little embarrassed turning up to see people in a professional capacity in it lol.

Youd need to turn up wearing a full fire suit and full face helmet.

It doesnt do much for me either if im honest

I dont even like vtec. Its fun on the bike because its, well, 110bhp, 220kg and vtec kicks in at 7k (redline is 12k). Itll happily leave most things on the road without even going into 16 valve mode.

I've been in a few vtec cars though n it seems all rev n no go.

• Like 1

Youd need to turn up wearing a full fire suit and full face helmet.

It doesnt do much for me either if im honest

I dont even like vtec. Its fun on the bike because its, well, 110bhp, 220kg and vtec kicks in at 7k (redline is 12k). Itll happily leave most things on the road without even going into 16 valve mode.

I've been in a few vtec cars though n it seems all rev n no go.

Full suit and helmet with "I am the Stig" on the back should go down a treat lol. Either that or a shell suit and Burberry cap.

• Like 1

Full suit and helmet with "I am the Stig" on the back should go down a treat lol. Either that or a shell suit and Burberry cap.

I'm not sure what you're job is mate, but theres only a handful of jobs where this is acceptable haha.

And the Burberry. Well thats never acceptable. Ever. Ever. Ever.

• Like 1

He's trying to keep us off the Golf R thread... ;)

Glad you spotted my diversion tactics.

However my offer of 3 for the price of 1 articles has not gone down well.

I appologise for the repetition but **** up trying to get text with photo.

Silver Surfer off to receive some extensive training very soon.

Furbytom,

Agree with you, Honda have a happy knack of going OTT with the Civic R .

No doubt I will be seeing loads of these as Honda Management car around the Swindon area over the coming months.

May need a new pair of flying glasses to avoid the glare on sight!

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

Got to say I'm not particularly keen on the Civic Tyre R (never have been really), not a fan of the shape nor that nothing happens below 5K rpm.

It's odd that in general (note, I said in general so it doesn't apply to everyone!) Civics seem to be bought by more mature people and yet the Type R is aimed at the Playstation generation who probably can't afford it.

Let's hope they sell enough to continue development of their new F1 engine and give Alonso another shot at the WDC.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Will the Honda Civic Type R be on the UK roads before the Ford RS?

Won't really matter. Ford has its RS fanbois, Honda has its CTR fanbois and VW has the Dub GTI bois.

If I had £35k to spend on a car would I buy one of them.....probably not.

I'd get a used Diesel Golf and Caterham 7 or maybe a used GTR. I don't think I'm in the marketing target group here.

• Like 1

Will the Honda Civic Type R be on the UK roads before the Ford RS?

2015 as opposed to 2016,so Honda getting their bit of the market cake first and maybe increase it, if the punters take to the offering.

Edited by vrskeith