aftermarket wheels thread

3 hours ago, Johnonz said:

I have 18x8 ET 42 (Niche Targa in gunmetal grey) on my 2014 vRS and they fit fine - front wheels are almost flush with the line of the guard (maybe 1-2mm inside the line), while the rear wheels are maybe 4-6mm inside the line of the guard.  ET 30 would be quite big I think - the rim would sit well proud of the line of guard.  Mind you, some like that look, so each to their own.

Thanks mate. Could you post some pic(s)?

I'm guessing ET35 would be pretty perfect fit for rear wheels if it's important how it looks. But usually front and rear wheels come with same ET so maybe it's safe to look for ET40-45.

1 minute ago, hypo said:

Thanks mate. Could you post some pic(s)?

I'm guessing ET35 would be pretty perfect fit for rear wheels if it's important how it looks. But usually front and rear wheels come with same ET so maybe it's safe to look for ET40-45.

I guess you could try and source different offsets in a 4-wheel set, but I don't know how easy it would be - I've bought three sets of wheels over the years for my different cars and I haven't heard of being able to get different offsets within the same wheel set.  Different widths is possible (ie; the 'staggered' approach), but I don't know about offsets.  Guess you might just have to make enquiries.  That said, even if you could do it, it would limit your options going forward - the rear wheels would always have to be the rear wheels (ie; you couldn't rotate your wheels between front and back).

I'd love to post some pics but I don't think I can.  I originally posted pics when I got my wheels fitted (in this "Aftermarket Wheels" thread funnily enough) but I used Photobucket and they recently disapplied my account because they had noticed that I had shared the photos with another website (ie; this one).  I didn't know I wasn't permitted to do that, and I haven't put in place another option.  You could try looking back through this thread, but I suspect the photos have 'disappeared'.

Just now, Johnonz said:

I guess you could try and source different offsets in a 4-wheel set, but I don't know how easy it would be - I've bought three sets of wheels over the years for my different cars and I haven't heard of being able to get different offsets within the same wheel set.  Different widths is possible (ie; the 'staggered' approach), but I don't know about offsets.  Guess you might just have to make enquiries.  That said, even if you could do it, it would limit your options going forward - the rear wheels would always have to be the rear wheels (ie; you couldn't rotate your wheels between front and back).

I'd love to post some pics but I don't think I can.  I originally posted pics when I got my wheels fitted (in this "Aftermarket Wheels" thread funnily enough) but I used Photobucket and they recently disapplied my account because they had noticed that I had shared the photos with another website (ie; this one).  I didn't know I wasn't permitted to do that, and I haven't put in place another option.  You could try looking back through this thread, but I suspect the photos have 'disappeared'.

Some wheels I have thought about are available both in ET 35 and 45 and may be aqquired by piece, so two wheels ET 35 and other two wheels ET 45... Could be a nice rear-front fit for nice looks but yeah as you said I think it's both easier and more practical to have same ET front and back. 8x18" ET40 or ET42 would be nice, maybe even ET35.

Yeah actually I already went through this whole topic. As you said many photos have 'disappeared' sadly. :sadsmile:

15 hours ago, hypo said:

Some wheels I have thought about are available both in ET 35 and 45 and may be aqquired by piece, so two wheels ET 35 and other two wheels ET 45... Could be a nice rear-front fit for nice looks but yeah as you said I think it's both easier and more practical to have same ET front and back. 8x18" ET40 or ET42 would be nice, maybe even ET35.

Yeah actually I already went through this whole topic. As you said many photos have 'disappeared' sadly. :sadsmile:

That's handy re; being able to get different offsets like that.

I checked last night and at ET42, the rear wheels are probably more like 10+mm away from the line of the guards.  I did do all the measurements (using one of the online fitment calculators and a plumb line off the line of the guards) before I bought the wheels, but I haven't kept them, sorry.

Good luck - and please post photos (if you can :D) when you are done and dusted.

On 7.9.2017 at 00:30, Johnonz said:

That's handy re; being able to get different offsets like that.

I checked last night and at ET42, the rear wheels are probably more like 10+mm away from the line of the guards.  I did do all the measurements (using one of the online fitment calculators and a plumb line off the line of the guards) before I bought the wheels, but I haven't kept them, sorry.

Good luck - and please post photos (if you can :D) when you are done and dusted.

Yep so sounds like ET35 would be pretty perfect for a nice look. Still speaking of 8x18" wheels... But, I think anything between ET 35-45 will do on that size.

Maybe you could use imgur or something to post pics? Or just attach them straight from your computer to this topic.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/2/2018 at 07:40, 32KOFDATA said:

ISPIRI FFR1 19x8.5 ET37 - Carbon Graphite 

fAY2SUE.jpg

3jM4NiK.jpg

SawTAZE.jpg

Fc4jb3e.jpg

prayFCw.jpg

HeM9ES8.jpg

TvezIU0.jpg

10I78gY.jpg

ghfU1ap.jpg

CkAVZa6.jpg

Been looking at these exact wheels for my VRS245 Hatch in Moon White and I think you may have just sold me!

They're great value for a Flowformed wheel too.

You mentioned yours are ET37?   No issues with clearance at all??

Cheers!

Edited by Muzza80

No issues at all with clearance unless you want to get your car lower than mine in which case I wouldn't know still if  you would run into any issues.

At ET37 the wheels sit almost flush with the front fender, a bit further in at the back. At first I wanted ET42 but I was persuaded by the Ispiri rep that ET37 is best, and he wasn't wrong.

Car seems wider more aggressive still you need to lower the car otherwise with stock coils will look odd. My 235/35/19 tires are not suitable for this wheel. They stretch a bit and will not protect the rim adequately.

I'm going for 245/35/19. Soon as I get them on I will report on those too. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/02/2018 at 07:19, Vilho said:

@Octavia1982 Hey, do you remember where you ordered your eibach springs and what are the right springs to 2.0 tdi sedan model? Thanks.

Hello Vilho, I ordered my springs from DPM performance. Top service and help from them! Definitely recommend.... as for what springs you would need, it would be best to contact DPM

• 1 month later...