My Sasha

CitigoSport2013

That's very nice. How I wanted mine but I went partial tint instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a medium smoke I could have gone pitch black if I'd of wanted but wouldn't of been strictly legal haha

• Like 2

Bad part is not allowed to clean it for a week to let them set and the meet is next Saturday haha

Strange. I've blasted mine with water and there's no way in hell of them peeling or bubbling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Ok so here's the deal guys and girls, I've been gone for a long time and I apologise for that.

So far as the car is concerned I've changed basically nothing but I now have a new job with more money and time on my hands so instead of starting a new project car with a new car I am commiting to this one because as much as I need a bigger faster car I can't get rid of the citigo I just can't face it. 

So, I am going to purchase another car perhaps a high powered saloon or a 4x4 to use as my daily ride and also to tow the citigo with in a trailer.

That is right ladies and gentleman at somepoint this car is going to go full project car style. 

I am now in the research and feesability stage. 

Engine swaps were my first idea. 

Tried a couple of companies and they want basically nothing to do with it so I'm going to have to go deep research on this myself to find out what engine I can put in it. I know there is a citigo out there with a 1.8T is it? 

Most Google answers come to the same conclusion that the easiest way to engine swap is to get an engine from the same manufacturer 

So, I know it's a Skoda but I know the engine is vw but they basically share the same DNA these days but I'm guessing a VW engine would be easier to get a hold of for cheaper considering they've been using them longer. 

However do I buy just an engine or do I go the whole hog and buy a donor car? Perhaps a 1.8T golf or something? 

I need help, the internet is not an easy place to navigate for such a rarely heavily modified car so I need help from my fellow Skoda owners and people that have done this before or something similar to point me in some sort of direction to begin 

Craig

• Like 1

On 9/26/2017 at 16:56, CitigoSport2013 said:

Ok so here's the deal guys and girls, I've been gone for a long time and I apologise for that.

So far as the car is concerned I've changed basically nothing but I now have a new job with more money and time on my hands so instead of starting a new project car with a new car I am commiting to this one because as much as I need a bigger faster car I can't get rid of the citigo I just can't face it. 

So, I am going to purchase another car perhaps a high powered saloon or a 4x4 to use as my daily ride and also to tow the citigo with in a trailer.

That is right ladies and gentleman at somepoint this car is going to go full project car style. 

I am now in the research and feesability stage. 

Engine swaps were my first idea. 

Tried a couple of companies and they want basically nothing to do with it so I'm going to have to go deep research on this myself to find out what engine I can put in it. I know there is a citigo out there with a 1.8T is it? 

Most Google answers come to the same conclusion that the easiest way to engine swap is to get an engine from the same manufacturer 

So, I know it's a Skoda but I know the engine is vw but they basically share the same DNA these days but I'm guessing a VW engine would be easier to get a hold of for cheaper considering they've been using them longer. 

However do I buy just an engine or do I go the whole hog and buy a donor car? Perhaps a 1.8T golf or something? 

I need help, the internet is not an easy place to navigate for such a rarely heavily modified car so I need help from my fellow Skoda owners and people that have done this before or something similar to point me in some sort of direction to begin 

Craig

The 1.8t is the one on here mate, Richards old one. As for engine swaps, basically anything VAG should fit straight in (in theory) the 1.2 the 1.4 etc etc, all look like they bolt straight in (or at least vaguely share the same engine mount positions) there's also a guy who uses his Citigo in rallycross and has shoved a 1.6 in there, but not sure which car its from.