Rob's VRS Special Edition - 300Bhp / 380FtLb

RobLarby

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mate, 
Really like the car!

I've recently had the pleasure of purchasing an SE myself, and I REALLY like the idea of changing the dial leds to blue...

How hard is it to do? is it a weekend job or? I've googled it but nothing has come up in terms of a fabia and I dont want to risk doing anything wrong without knowing for certain what to do!
Is there anywhere you went to for advice or whatever?... or do you just know what your doing when it came to that modification?

Thanks in advance!

Hi mate, 

Really like the car!

I've recently had the pleasure of purchasing an SE myself, and I REALLY like the idea of changing the dial leds to blue...

How hard is it to do? is it a weekend job or? I've googled it but nothing has come up in terms of a fabia and I dont want to risk doing anything wrong without knowing for certain what to do!

Is there anywhere you went to for advice or whatever?... or do you just know what your doing when it came to that modification?

Thanks in advance!

Dark_Hero told me what parts I needed but it's not a huge job to do :)

It's just quite fiddly because of how small they are. PLCC-2 3528 are the SMDs that you need for the dials and heater controls, 3mm LEDs are for pretty much everything else.

If you don't want to do it yourself then give Dark_Hero a PM :D

• Like 1

Dark_Hero told me what parts I needed but it's not a huge job to do :)

It's just quite fiddly because of how small they are. PLCC-2 3528 are the SMDs that you need for the dials and heater controls, 3mm LEDs are for pretty much everything else.

If you don't want to do it yourself then give Dark_Hero a PM :D

okay so how many of the LEDs etc did you order?

I shall give him a PM and ask if hes made a 'how to' thread or something! 

thanks for the advice, and nice car!  :clap:

Small update, noticed rear doors are just starting to leak a little so I thought I'd get them done as I had everything to sort it already :)

KW99264l.jpg

Also saw that my sister has scratched my standard alloys that I left in the shed  :wall:

x3cW4Xol.jpg

jZLSOB0l.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New tyres ordered and fitted, went for 205/40/17 instead of 195/40/17, went for Goodyear Eagle F1s and I have to say they're amazing so far :)

19849893288_8e9090f55a_h.jpg

Had to raise the car after fitting though so my rear adjusters went back in already and the front up around 15 threads in total.

20037987025_dabd0318c5_h.jpg

Also ordered a new wheel bearing for the front passenger side and front brake pads which are on. Just waiting for the bearing to be fitted now :)

16348917683_c6a8e7a231_h.jpg

16781318928_031bd14eef_h.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Love the progress, following!

What number plate lights do you have??

Found a reciept from the previous owner, they're from Hids-Direct, "Xtec C5W LED error free number plate bulbs" £14.95 total :) Can't find the exact item name on their site but they have ones that may be the same
  • Like 1

Well last Sunday I had a bit of an accident with a Fiesta on a roundabout :( Luckily no one hurt, dashcam caught everything and clearly shows he is at fault...

Still can't believe it happened and gutted is quite an understatement, seems a bit pointless putting in the effort for someone else to ruin it for me.

17087566178_3314fabcb8_h.jpg

17274833961_eeb8a9d910_h.jpg

17067905227_977e11714a_h.jpg

You must be gutted this has happened it was a very very sweet looking vRS.

I feed for you that all your hard work you did can the car be repaired or not ?

• Like 1

My old motor, sorry to see it in this state, I know how well you have been looking after the car Rob, glad your ok though Bud.

Hadn't even scratched or marked it yet since I've had it and now this... Just waiting on insurance to work everything out, quite a nasty spot to have damage to :(

You must be gutted this has happened it was a very very sweet looking vRS.

I feed for you that all your hard work you did can the car be repaired or not ?

It's definitely repairable but it looks like it'll end up being a cat d write off

It's definitely repairable but it looks like it'll end up being a cat d write off

It's nice to know it's repairable hope you do repair it it to good to let go even if it's a cat d write off good luck hope it all work out good for you

• Like 1

Gutted for you, Looked like a lovely example!

Take it from me, I know how upsetting having a prang is (I totalled 2 x cars quite a few years ago, totally my fault and was lucky to walk away both times) but atleast you are OK which is the main thing. The car can be repaired or replaced!

Regards Simon

It was an extremely clean example the day I got it, all credit to Craig, it's washed at least once a week, normally twice though because I hate even the slightest bit of dirt on it.

My postman even let's me know that I won't have a car left if I keep washing it :P

It's definitely dented my motivation to keep it spotless I have to say :/

• Like 1

• 2 months later...