Rob's VRS Special Edition - 300Bhp / 380FtLb

RobLarby

Looking fantastic mate. Glad it's repaired :)

Probably better than ever with all that fresh paint :p

I'm really happy it wasn't a write off, fresh paint has some orange peel though :/ Guess I'll have to get a practise panel to learn how to correct it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really happy it wasn't a write off, fresh paint has some orange peel though :/ Guess I'll have to get a practise panel to learn how to correct it :)

If it's not the same as the rest of the paint mate, take it back to the painters.

If it's not the same as the rest of the paint mate, take it back to the painters.

I've already sent it back twice for rushed jobs and I've run out of patience. I know I should get it sorted really :(

Spend around 11 hours giving it a proper machine polish, wasn't too many swirls on it so didn't have to compound anything, looks beautiful in the sun now :) I'll take a few pics after the next wash.

Couple of issues now though :( My reverse lights haven't worked for a few weeks and I changed the switch today and it didn't help.  Checked the voltage at the pins too and it was good, not sure what to check next on that?  

Also had a minor boost leak for a little while that I need to sort eventually, looks like the bottom pipe coming out of the intercooler and up toward the turbo.

Last issue which I've just found today is a very small amount of coolant at the bottom of the rad on the drivers side, which I'm keeping a close eye on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Quick update, got a cupra splitter and some depo xenon headlights too, haven't driven with them in the dark yet but they're so much nicer visually anyway :)

post-106330-14424043236382_thumb.jpgpost-106330-14424043336345_thumb.jpg

I'll post some better pics another day, these are just from my phone.

• Like 1

Had some free time recently so I decided to have the wheels off and clean them properly as well as the arches.

21517326351_9fa63f72cd_h.jpg

Got myself a cupra splitter as well, bit of a pain to fit it on my own haha

21508719985_975f00f58a_h.jpg

21517362001_fe4709aea3_h.jpg

Also picked up some Depo Xenon headlights from BossFox with all bulbs etc already fitted, they're so much better at night and look awesome! :D

20885930134_777f9cdb70_h.jpg

20887568703_7c29286501_h.jpg

Almost forgot, I finally finished all the interior lights in blue but I don't have any pictures of that :)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Thanks mate, should update this really but not too much gone on, just regular oil changes and a decent wash each week :)

02ddd111d05bcca4ba9963514b756159.jpg7c017650ed00823a6ee9e742a276a876.jpg

Edited by RobLarby
  • Like 3

Did you apply anything after?

Just thinking if somthing like wax or black bumper and trim cleaner will help them stay cleaner for longer.

I guess ultimately it's impossible to keep them clean and actually use the car as a daily driver!

• 2 months later...

Recently had a full machine polish again :thumbup:

3e7ecebe5e008b8dd3263ea3a79d4852.jpg

7a4eafd22641cb5f6658c86fc6839697.jpg

New discs went on too after almost destroying the old one that got stuck on there haha

5352645fbdcd640eb53f2def51e17395.jpg

99fd2c054521d446b8cd1a495cd58f9b.jpg

Thought I'd best free up my coilovers too as they were seized last time I touched them, also lowered the front down and took the rear adjusters out again.

aa9e116cf9357af1c9eb5be3ec233690.jpg

0e30721b5392d980003db8a1432ebac4.jpg

One of my headlights kept getting a fair amount of condensation so I replaced the back cover after a little modifying to fit the cable through and ballast to attach on.

e8af4e0f129c6f1bc41dded2f5e1781d.jpg

Edited by RobLarby
  • Like 2

I want your wheels!!!

Said it before and I'll say it again. Best looking fabia on here.

Thank you :blush:, still so much that I want to do to it though. Front end is looking tired now that it's racking the miles, 92xxx now!

Looking at getting the wheels refurbed soon as well, need some input on colours! I'm liking the grey that I have now but I might go crazy. Also think that gloss might be a little to shiny for the large spokes on the Rotiforms :think: