Rob's VRS Special Edition - 300Bhp / 380FtLb

RobLarby

Yes, hoping to go for 2260vk but standard injectors and clutch will be holding me back still. Or may just go for a garrett pd130/150 for now until I can afford the supporting mods for 2260

1 hour ago, Lofty said:

Has the car made it home ok Rob?

The car is still in France, waiting for them to see if my car is valued at more than the cost of recovery, otherwise it will be "scrapped". They've told me that it should be fine to come back but not 100% confirmed until they have the quote for recovery :( I'm home though and safe which is better than nothing

1 hour ago, Lofty said:

See I was worried about that when I was away, so I paid extra with the RAC to make sure that even if the cost of the recovery outweighed the value of the car they'd still get it home. 

If i knew that this was a possible outcome i would've sorted something, I just assumed that it would be recovered no matter what the value. Oh well, lesson learnt for next time...

• 2 months later...

No no, it came home, I fitted a second hand turbo from a member on here and it blew again a week later. Bit of a downer but tomorrow I’m picking some bits up that I hope you’ll all like :biggrin: Pics to follow

• Like 2

So took a trip to see Jake and his lovely Orange Fabia, left with some goodies :D I’ve attached his description to save time explains what’s there.

Also picking up a cam from a friend and Sachs SRE clutch is due any day now ready for mapping once it’s all in and running smooth

99726F41-65C8-40BC-8D7B-CE534B105024.jpeg

C90C38EE-25FC-43E8-9F92-AA6A13FBCAF9.jpeg

8CE2005D-DBCF-4FC2-B1EA-AB59B9D183A0.jpeg

B997C474-8165-433F-99D7-8FDB495E14A6.jpeg

• Like 2

Forgot to mention I’m trying to sort out a diff, I have a friend that can fit it but he can’t weld so doesn’t want to do the selectors. Either going to send it off for fitting at darkside or somewhere similar, or have the selectors welded locally and then all fitted by my mate

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RobLarby said:

Box is on a pallet going to darkside today, Quaife diff and steel selector forks being put in :D Not actually a bad price either considering people say that they normally charge the earth

You'll love the diff. I can't stand driving a fwd car fast that hasn't got one fitted anymore.

• Like 1