Rob's VRS Special Edition - 300Bhp / 380FtLb

RobLarby

So I've had the car for about 4 months now and I think it's time to start a progress thread to show it's history when i eventually sell it :)  I bought the car from another Brisky member, I could tell that he definitely looked after it because it was in almost mint condition.  The front bumper would benefit from a respray, It's quite badly stone chipped but it's not a priority at the moment. The car already had AP coilovers, front wind deflectors and I think the front grill is plastidipped? Which saved me the hassle of doing them myself :D

Mileage was at 64k when I bought it and it's now just over 69k.

First thing I did was give it a quick machine polish, it was already in very good condition but it had some light swirl marks which are 90% gone after using my DAS-6 pro and megs #205 finishing polish.  In the summer I'll being going over it again with a compound to get it as close to perfect I can.

16005509705_4c1d97604c_h.jpg

15818128258_eec927827c_h.jpg

15818131118_3784c6d0ec_h.jpg

16003556431_4bc8ead4e7_h.jpg

15819761907_89099d2d9d_h.jpgd3cb81d90b11854715205c33a3b35171.jpg

After that I changed the dials and other switches over to blue leds, I've still got to convert the temperature controls and esp/rear heated window switches and it'll be finished :)

I've also installed an aftermarket headunit (Sony MEX-BT3900U, sub (Alpine 1241D), amp (Alpine MRD-M300) and front door speakers (Alpine SPG-17CS)

16005506405_3e962a13f6_h.jpg

Today I changed the air filter as the old one wasn't looking too good.

16004814312_04a087dc23_h.jpg

That's everything so far, hopefully lots more to come but it'll be a slow progress thread.

Edited by RobLarby
  • Like 1

Looks mint I like the reg plate

Cheers mate :)

Excellent mate. Photos look superb.

Dash LEDs look great

Thanks, I may need you to convert some of my dash leds as my first attempt at the heater control completely broke the hot and cold switch :( I switched it out for a new one from a mate which is obviously green. At the moment i'm not too bothered as they're off to the side but I'm sure you'll receive a PM off me some time next year :D

• 1 month later...

Car looks great mate and the pictures are awesome :thumbup:

Your car looks amazing,top work mate

That's an awesome spot near the 02 arena.

Reminds me of Luke and Ross's outing near there.

You can see the GMT laser some nights too. Looks awesome in photos

That's actually where I got the idea for that photo, it's the exact same spot that Luke used :)  It's a bit tight between a bollard and a bush to get onto the path though  :notme: