Rob's VRS Special Edition - 300Bhp / 380FtLb

RobLarby

Not wanting to hijack your build thread but thought you might be in the know as you’ve done a lot of work. do you know if the darkside intake is any good? The one with the AEM filter.

Im ashamed to say I’m just after a bit more induction noise and know that it won’t give me huge performance gains. I just wouldn’t want it to mess up the running of the car that’s all 

Edited by Jase009

Wow that sounds nothing like what I thought it would, sounds like my old Mazda 3 MPS. Think I might get one then, just wanted to make sure it didn’t make that noise most diesels do with intakes. Thanks for the vid

5 hours ago, Dark_Hero said:

Isn’t that the exhaust that makes the owl/ pigeon noise?

17 minutes ago, RobLarby said:

Not 100% sure if that's what he's referring to but it could be?

@Jase009

It was the exhaust that made that stupid owl noise  ... Piper exhausts with the silencer removed were all the rage a few years ago of you guys remember?! 

There was also an equally stupid name, like mufflerectomy or summit :tongueout:

16 hours ago, jars said:

It was the exhaust that made that stupid owl noise  ... Piper exhausts with the silencer removed were all the rage a few years ago of you guys remember?! 

There was also an equally stupid name, like mufflerectomy or summit :tongueout:

I'm sure the term 'mufflerectomy' referred to cutting open the standard silencers and emptying them out, and welding straight pipe inside.. so it basically performs like a straight pipe but looks standard

11 minutes ago, JLawson90 said:

I'm sure the term 'mufflerectomy' referred to cutting open the standard silencers and emptying them out, and welding straight pipe inside.. so it basically performs like a straight pipe but looks standard

Yup, that’s how I understood its 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Mufflerectomey, was just a straight pipe of any material from turbo to back, no back box with tip welded on pipe... removeal of all silencers and boxes... not all that messing about emptying etc

People even used old scaffolding pipe hahah!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rob. I’ve just fitted the AEM dry flow and get no induction noise and the car feels slower. Actually just sounds a little louder a bit like a van. Did you fit yours and have it mapped at the same time? And I’m guessing the induction noise might come when I fit my FMIC? Sorry to hijack just thought you might be the person to ask 

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Stripped down to the shell with all panels, may have a buyer for the shell that will be rebuilding it with their own parts.

Worst case all panels will be sold and I will have to try and get the plate off to sell, not sure how that works as it's the original plate.

Sad end to a superb (excuse the pun) project. Real shame someone into the Fabia Mk1 couldn't see the value of cars like this and commit just £8,000 to save it. We have 2 things in common my name is Rob and my Octy has 380lb/ft of torque as well which makes it FUN all the time.:crying: