Rob's VRS Special Edition - 300Bhp / 380FtLb

RobLarby

Looking at getting the wheels refurbed soon as well, need some input on colours! I'm liking the grey that I have now but I might go crazy. Also think that gloss might be a little to shiny for the large spokes on the Rotiforms :think:

My front is prrtty messy too but ill be doing a few trackdays this year so im not worried about it too much. The grey is nice, I'm tempted to get my wheels done in a dark bronze.

24160583184_9378e8c883_b.jpg

• Like 1

Great little SE you have there. All the stuff that's been done, looks like it's been done to high quality. 
Usually not a fan of the blue LEDs in cars, but they work really well with this one's colour scheme.

• Like 2

A few pics from the other night :)

24552613020_0d06716913_h.jpg

24480488929_10ae4a6298_h.jpg

24754652181_1647f1bd71_h.jpg

Started to hear a rear suspension noise which I'm pretty sure is the rear damper after having it unbolted and listening to it whining haha. Where's the best place to buy a set of new dampers from?

• Like 2

Dpm seem to be recommended on here quite a lot. I really need to pull my finger out and clean mine lol.

I've emailed them already as they're not listed on their site.

After I bolted the dampers back up they seems to be silent again so I'm going to leave them for now, they're £44 on another site though :thumbup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

So i rolled my rear arches at the start of February, used a heat gun and a cheap roller off of eBay. Went pretty well tbh

25864705985_bb26443278_h.jpg

New Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s went on as well, just as good as the Asymmetric 2 but supposedly better in the wet :)

25238138153_0859aaf7ae_h.jpg

And a random pic after mapping at W8 Performance

25238138263_2771e5ff04_h.jpg

Wheels have come off for a refurb too, gone for a gloss dark anthracite. Hoping they come out well as i'm worried they'll be too glossy with the large spokes that the Nues have :/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Rob,

Please stop posting pictures of your car. You make all others look **** :D

Really looking nice, I was meant to get my wheels refurbished this month but accidentally spent the money on something else....lol

• Like 2

Dear Rob,

Please stop posting pictures of your car. You make all others look **** :D

Really looking nice, I was meant to get my wheels refurbished this month but accidentally spent the money on something else....lol

Ahahaha, thank you very much mate. I can't wait to have a garage or something so I can really clean her up and keep it mint! Eventually I want to work on the power a bit more but insurance is still fairly high for me with two years no claims. Declaring the map wast about £140 extra :(

• 2 weeks later...

Spent Friday cleaning the car ready for Castle Combe. Wheels off and arches cleaned, ended up machine polishing the faces of the wheels to get rid of all the swirls, sort of wish I kept them satin now haha. 

26320550766_5c5cba0c7a_h.jpg

26280279631_5a2a4c4222_h.jpg26280279111_0836bbf36a_h.jpg

26320549506_f17dbfbe80_h.jpg26346512035_4d9ff38579_h.jpg

Scene tape had to come out as I'm too OCD to let it get dirty on the long drive :(

The car is currently sat on my drive with a bad cv joint, the boot must have been split before going down to Combe and it's now knackered. Should be sorted Monday night :)

Also, I've finally fixed my reverse lights after sooooooo long, I changed the switch and the connector previously and they still didn't work. So I ended up unscrewing it and pushing the switch by hand which seemed to work. Little odd? Had a think about it and decided to try and fit the switch without the washer and it works perfectly and doesn't leak either.

Just been and picked up a little something from a mate cab5af8a11871a08f5089871d7fb064b.jpg

I saw these for sale but I didn't make an offer as I don't want harnesses without a cage and the missus would kill me if I replaced her seat with a bucket one :D .

Look very nice though.

I saw these for sale but I didn't make an offer as I don't want harnesses without a cage and the missus would kill me if I replaced her seat with a bucket one :D .

Look very nice though.

I've had my eye on them since he sold the car but decided to make him an offer earlier and picked them up a couple hours later :)

Not too sure what in doing with harnesses etc yet either hmmmm

Edited by RobLarby

After borowing my bosses r26r for the weekend once, despite being very cool are a nightmare for daily driving lol.

Should look awesome in your car though. They were a bit of a bargain too.

Now hurry up and get tthem fitted

After borowing my bosses r26r for the weekend once, despite being very cool are a nightmare for daily driving lol.

Should look awesome in your car though. They were a bit of a bargain too.

Now hurry up and get tthem fitted

I got them cheaper than what he was asking and even got a free vac box while I was there as I think mine is buzzing a little, Sam's a top bloke :thumbup:

Quickly put the buckets in tonight, need to sort out harnesses tomorrow etc.

ff916613800270a8d7886ff05570eb77.jpg

Even found a few quid in them hahahaha

930a124044c1f9bbe61f2bbd1ef2cf5d.jpg

Edited by RobLarby
  • Like 2

CV joint fitted, went out tonight and the seats are soooooo much better, don't move an inch round fast corners. Standard leathers used to be a nightmare compared. With the remap as well it makes is so fun to drive :)

• Like 1