Hi

Has anyone any experience of the above company in delvin co. meath

spoke to them about remapping my 2011 1.6tdi 75 bhp fabia, looking to

bring it up to or over 130bhp have full size intercooler yeti/Passat type

Joe Dempsey

post-64277-0-22256700-1419452427_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Whats the story lads .....

Also have a fabia 1.2tsi 105 living in dublin ..... joe did u get ur remap and of so where ? I want to bring my fabia as close as i can to 150 bhp !

Is it worth gettin dump valve, cold air intake and air filter before the remap so when its remapped there all accounted for ?

• Like 1

You'll get a lot less value from all those parts if you don't have them already fitted before the remap. I recommend Chipped Ireland - he did a great job with the custom map on my Octavia back in the day. 40,000+ trouble free miles after the remap before selling it and it's still going strong. I am curious as to how easy it is to insure a car with even that level of modification in Ireland though - I'd check this before changing anything. I was lucky with mine as it moved spec from a PD105 to a PD130 with the remap, so it was still on the insurance companies tables, but nothing was changed but the software in that case.

Anything that affects the temperature or flow of gas in and out of the engine, the fuel supply to the engine or the spark plugs/coils can require some tweaking of the map. It's why a custom map on a rolling road is the only way to go for this. This is what chippedireland do, and it's the best return on your money for both performance and economy I've seen.

There seem to be a few brokers who cover modified cars, but often only if they're your second car. I'm with Allianz at the moment as they will insure my car post remap. I'm waiting till the warranty runs out at the end of next month before thinking about doing that though. Having it signed off as roadworthy by a qualified engineer as well as having a plot of the power and torque curves makes it easier to talk to insurance companies too (Again all provided by http://www.chippedire.com/ ). The last thing anyone wants to have is an uninsurable vehicle.

• Like 1

Hi

right ive decided to go for a custom remap to get the benifit of the larger intercooler its

Going to be joe power if i can get in contact, i might just take a day off and drop in

my car has just gone through the nct so few bits to sort

Right time for an update remap done first run showed flywheel bhp at 83 bhp and final bhp after remap was 126.8bhp. Well to coin a phrase I'm as happy as a pig in sh*te I'll post graph later