Facelift Outdoor 4X4 Front Grille/Bumper/Spoiler Removal

SKOYET

Hello All

I'm looking to install stainless mesh behind the upper and lower grille openings and I want to attach it from behind. Removal of the top grille and surround appears to be relatively straightforward once the top cover plate is removed and clips released, but how to split/remove lower grille/spoiler isn't obvious and I'm wondering if someone might be able to suggest where I can find how to dismantle the front spoiler and/or if necessary, how to remove the front bumper.

Thanks!

I'd like to save the 'gills' on mine also but I worry about the reduced flow in our hot weather.

In the same way I don't put fly wire over the front.

Edited by Ryeman

It's here http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/301154-fitting-mesh-to-the-upper-grill-on-the-fl-yeti/  .

And after running it all summer it has no detrimental effect on cooling, even the hottest days of summer the fans do not come on, and my dealer has seen it and said "good idea and no it will not affect cooling" . 

• Like 1

Thanks all, and the comments are appreciated!

I looked at WAKEV's and it's a great solution, but I want to go that bit further with electropolished ss mesh attached to the back of the vertical black plastic elements of the grille and spoiler.

I've made and installed grilles on various cars in the past (mainly Porsche and race cars) in woven and perforated ss, aluminum and plastic and any "quality" mesh material will give you the dimensions needed to calculate airflow and WAKEV is right, cooling is unlikely to be affected, particularly in the UK. Southern California or Florida or Abu Dhabi might be different if you get caught sitting in traffic with "zero" air flow, but cooling systems are designed with tolerances to cope, the fan(s) will kick in anyway and Jaguars, Bentleys and other cars with "mesh" grilles still do OK. 

I haven't decided on the optimum mesh size with samples and a spare grille coming to make a prototype, but being "new" to Skoda and unable to find a workshop manual I was just hoping somebody might have already dismantled or removed a facelift front bumper cover to save me having to figure it out myself!

Thanks! 

• 3 months later...

Kevin

Apologies for the late reply, but I got sidetracked from doing any mods in that my current Yeti "may" be replaced!

Your diagram was helpful and I also found it on the internet and managed to take the grille (7&9) out and the silver part (3) off quite easily once I found where the clips holding them on were, but I'd like to take the spoiler (2) off without taking the whole bumper cover (1) off and it's not obvious how it's attached. I'm looking for a workshop manual, but none I've found are for the "facelift" outdoor, so I'm a bit stumped.

Thanks, Ed 

• 1 year later...
On 1/10/2015 at 18:23, wakev said:

Is this any help.

• 779807100.png

Sorry to raise a thread from the dead! But has anyone taken off and replaced part 3 in the above diagram - he silver lower trim. Managed to kiss the house wall today and although the damage is minimal I might replace it if its easy enough - a new part being about £90.

Thanks

Simon