What annoyed you today at work?

Hyphons

Whether this'll be as popular a topic as "what annoyed you today driving" I don't know but I thought let's create a topic to vent about what annoyed you at work, any job is welcome (you don't need to mention who you work for or even mention the job you have).

For me it was the lady (I work in a charity shop) who brought a bag to the till with a £1.99 sticker poorly stuck to it, it was clearly stuck on by herself and she was having it on, she had quite the handful of handbags as well so she obviously new what she was doing, got £3.49 for it after I said there's no way that's £1.99

So fire away folks, let's see who's had the worst day

Confidentiality clause technically means i cant ever respond to this... does that count as annoying me at work? The stuff i can moan about generally falls into the "while driving" thread as its during the getting to work site access that pi55e5 me off most of the time...

• Like 1

People in the intelligence services usually refer to themselves as "civil servants". It's so boring a reply that no one bothers with them after that.

• Like 3

People who call in sick often. We all know full well that they are not in the office on Tuesday and Wednesday for other reasons (Work related) and that they just don't want to be working today.

This person is known for taking quite a few sick days, and it's amazing how often they seem to find a dodgy takeaway too. 

Passengers.

The End

To quote a gentleman I used to work with in the Travel Centre at Cambridge station (a very long time ago), "95% of our passengers are thick, the other 5% are too thick to even find the station".  To be fair we were having a bad day.

• Like 1

The public.

Not all of them, just those that think because THEY'VE paid more than £5 in tax over 50yr it entitles them to suck £50k worth of resources to deal with their particular bug bear which may not even be a real problem.

What kind of spy drives a Citigo anyway?

One that you'll never see coming.... :bandit::ninja:

Lexi is the missus' s car. The diesel Octy is the grey man spy mobile ;)
  • Like 2

To quote a gentleman I used to work with in the Travel Centre at Cambridge station (a very long time ago), "95% of our passengers are thick, the other 5% are too thick to even find the station". To be fair we were having a bad day.

But how were they passengers if they never found the station?

Or am i being thick? ;) haha

I am also bound by confidentiality being in accountancy, but can I say I am mildly irritated by people who leave the milk out to warm up in the kitchen? :D  Nah, that probably doesn't bother me easy.

If stuff really irritated me I wouldn't work there, but coming up for 9 years now so something must be right.

• Like 1

Both of my jobs are alright really. The one I was at today doesn't have any heating in the building, so it's a tad chilly, today particularly.

Couriers that don't handle things very well annoy me actually. We have a load of Park Tools work stands come in fairly regularly, and each and every one is open in some way, because the couriers grab them by the flaps which are stapled closed, rather than taped.

Edited by samj2013

I work in IT, and today's annoyance is;

People who forget their passwords CONSTANTLY.

That's because you lot keep telling us to invent increasingly random combinations of letters and numbers in the name of security, which ulitmately mean nothing to us so we have to stick post-its on the screen to remind us. Usually the cleaner will remove these, no doubt to mastermind some dasterdly act of IT-related terrorism, so we have no idea what our passwords are. You see the problem here? :rofl:

• Like 1