Hi, my name is Olivia and I just bought my first ever Skoda today...yay

Olivia7

Hi all,

Just bought my first ever Skoda today, an early 2007 Octavia 1.9 TDI Elegance with a DSG gearbox.

There's about 137,000 miles on it.

Looking forward to being an active member of the forum and the more I learn, the more I hope to share.

Thanks guys.

• 11 months later...

Welcome Olivia7

Thats a fair bit of mileage.

Was it a bargain?

Yeah I was happy enough TBH, considering the amount of work that had been done by the garage.

Timing belt, water pump, tyres, full service, etc.and only one previous owner.

• Like 2

Welcome Olivia7

Thats a fair bit of mileage.

Was it a bargain?

Sadly cars are not cheap in Ireland! :( (unless you're in NI :P 

Welcome to the forum Olivia, check out the regional section for anything like VCDS owners etc, there are a few about Dublin I think. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just bought my first ever Skoda today, an early 2007 Octavia 1.9 TDI Elegance with a DSG gearbox.

There's about 137,000 miles on it.

Looking forward to being an active member of the forum and the more I learn, the more I hope to share.

Thanks guys.

137k is not that high actually considering that particular engine.  My other half has a similar aged Octavia with well over 300k kms on the clock and no hassle. As long as its well maintained!  Only issue is punitive road tax as its a pre-2008

• Like 1

137k is not that high actually considering that particular engine.  My other half has a similar aged Octavia with well over 300k kms on the clock and no hassle. As long as its well maintained!  Only issue is punitive road tax as its a pre-2008

Hi Superb 170,

yep the road tax is a PITA  :(