Octavia Scout 150bhp ordered.

The Scout has hill hold so it's fine for hill starts.

I have done 7000mls and the DSG is ace, the power delivery is amazing, av mpg for me is 46.5 true.

I am very satisfied.

Received our scout 150 on Friday, very impressed so far. Even happier with the fact that we saved 21% off list price by going with an online car broker.

Nothing to fault on car so far, slightly more body roll than the fabia vrs I have been used to, but to be expected on a jacked up 4x4 estate.

Very happy with choice.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

We’ve had our Scout for 7 months now and its just coming up to 9,000 miles. The car has been fantastic, safe, reliable and economical returning about 48mpg with a high of 62mpg on a run from Liverpool up to Hartlepool at around 65 to 70mph.

The colour has grown on us but I’d have liked it a bit darker. You don’t see many on the road but a solid red one passed us yesterday and it looked fab.

We’ve had to switch off the lane assist as it was driving us crazy and the stereo doesn’t like to be turned up to “11” it seems to turn itself back down.

When the cruise control is on it reads exactly 2mph over actual speed.

The one thing that does have me paranoid though is that the mileage is clocking up faster on this car more than any other car we’ve owned in the last 10 years, even though its being used exactly the same way. We always average 10,000 miles per year and our last car was sold after 3 years and 7 months with 36,000 miles on the clock whereas this one has done 9,000 after only 7 months.

I’m, putting my tinfoil hat on now. :sweat:

I wouldn’t have thought anything about this except since the emissions scandal at VW etc are VW lease cars clocking up mileage more quickly than they should?????

Feel free to flame me, but surely 6 months ago everyone thought that VW diesel engines only emitted Fairy Farts. :dull:

Edited by br1anuk
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Going to sign up this week, interesting to see that 15 months after this thread started the same crazy PCH deals are still available.

I'm getting £1,044 deposit, £174 x 23 = £210 per month (8,000 miles, no options).

Going to sign up this week, interesting to see that 15 months after this thread started the same crazy PCH deals are still available.

I'm getting £1,044 deposit, £174 x 23 = £210 per month (8,000 miles, no options).

I'm still negotiating!

I'm currently at:

£2,548 deposit, £100 x 23 = £4,893 or £202 / month.

Awaiting two more quotes to see if they can beat the above.

All will be revealed when I sign up!

We’ve had our Scout for 7 months now and its just coming up to 9,000 miles. The car has been fantastic, safe, reliable and economical returning about 48mpg with a high of 62mpg on a run from Liverpool up to Hartlepool at around 65 to 70mph.

The colour has grown on us but I’d have liked it a bit darker. You don’t see many on the road but a solid red one passed us yesterday and it looked fab.

We’ve had to switch off the lane assist as it was driving us crazy and the stereo doesn’t like to be turned up to “11” it seems to turn itself back down.

When the cruise control is on it reads exactly 2mph over actual speed.

The one thing that does have me paranoid though is that the mileage is clocking up faster on this car more than any other car we’ve owned in the last 10 years, even though its being used exactly the same way. We always average 10,000 miles per year and our last car was sold after 3 years and 7 months with 36,000 miles on the clock whereas this one has done 9,000 after only 7 months.

I’m, putting my tinfoil hat on now. :sweat:

I wouldn’t have thought anything about this except since the emissions scandal at VW etc are VW lease cars clocking up mileage more quickly than they should?????

Feel free to flame me, but surely 6 months ago everyone thought that VW diesel engines only emitted Fairy Farts. :dull:

It is possible that your odometer is out, I had the same problem on a Mk1 Hyundai Santa Fe I had from new which claimed about 7% more than actual distance travelled. Speedo was 10% out.

Of course if yours is substantially out it means that your fuel consumption claims are optimistic too. It is very easy to verify speedometer and odometer accuracy with the aid of a GPS.

For the record my current mk 3 Octavia odo is within 1% accurate but the speedo is somewhere between 5% and 7% out depending on speed. The latter seems a common problem on a lot cars.

Edited by Gerrycan

Where are you getting this deal from? It's pretty good.

Just signed up, car being built next week (was already in the system without an owner).

Park Vehicle Contracts...

http://www.parkvehicles.co.uk/skoda-offers/view/1106/Skoda-Octavia-Scout--pound145PM

The advert is for a business lease, but they will do it as a personal lease, you just have to add on the VAT.

• 1 month later...

My leased Scout arrived this afternoon!

From this...

IMG_12975.jpg

To this...

IMG_8969_zps00cwa5go.jpg

I am struggling to find much to criticise so far, only the disappearance of the puddle lights underneath the door mirrors!

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Quick update on our Scout, we've had the car for 18 months now and its done 16,000 miles and not missed a beat. Great car that I'd highly recommend to anyone looking for a family sized estate that feels safe in any weather conditions. Its averaged 46 mpg but thats mostly commuting, it'll do just under 60mpg on a run, regards the tyres they're hardly worn at all front or back.

Brian.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

If anyone spots a fantastic PCH lease deal on a Scout please post it on here as ours goes back in April and I wouldn't say no to another one.

Similar deals are now available on Golf GTD estates, but id rather have the safety of the 4X4 than the extra power of the GTD.

If anyones interested I rang VW finance regards extending the lease for another 12 months and they quoted me £260 per month up from £204 per month with a £60 admin fee???

Brian.

• 1 month later...

A final update from me on the Scout, its been returned to VWFS and what a great car it was. Not one thing went wrong over the 18,000 miles, the tyres weren't even half worn and it averaged 47mpg.

If anyones reading this and they're in two minds about buying one, don't worry they're a fantastic piece of kit.

I was going to lease a Superb estate to replace it, but Ive ended up buying this time.

Goodbye for now.

Brian

Hope you're well Dave.

• Like 1