Mileage Milestones

Wow. Those are TDi numbers.

I'd only see 720/65 if I switched the Toledo's dash to Km instead of miles.

(which would be the equivalent of 450/40 which is more like what I do get from a 1.2 TSi)

Edited by camelspyyder

I think it may be due to the nature of my commute and the fact I regularly set the cruise control at 60 instead of 70+. Its nearly all motorway and its 27 miles each way. You see the numbers tumble when you run it at 70+ though! drops to 500-550 miles per tank. But yeh for a petrol its mighty impressive!!!!

Edited by WillJohnson

Ours  (1.2. tsi sport 110) is firmly stuck around the 45 mpg mark, which is good enough when you consider that most of the mileage is done on very short journeys (3 miles), from cold and on urban areas.  

On motorway trips,  I tend to use the cruise control button, set to 70 mph, so that will probably explain why I never get anywhere near your return.

I've just clocked 13333 miles since I bought new in September.

A change in job means that the 120 mile each way (weekly) commute is now back to a 20 mile round trip each day on Norfolk A and B roads. The trip says I'm averaging 53mpg on these shorter trips each day which I'm pretty chuffed about. That, and halving my weekly mileage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

235eb26b1451b4d1e0657cba066751ea.jpg

Okay Chris - 13499 instead. Just topped off. 510 on a full tank is not so bad eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no photo - but I've just ticked over to 16500 miles. Range on a full tank now often says 540-550miles (probably because of the easier daily commute).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Big day yesterday

1) The car rolled over to 28,000 miles (22,000 of them done by me)

2) The Spaceback had its first MOT yesterday and passed

3) Took out a one-year extended warranty from VWFS, just for a bit of peace of mind in year 4

4) Also took out a 2-year extension to ŠKODA Assist (which as we know is the AA) for a lot less than the AA charges for the same level of cover

3rd service is this Friday. Only other thing left to sort out is my insurance renewal. Did a quick look on Compare the Market, the quotes were stupid, almost double what I am currently paying. Hoping Chris Knott don't stitch me up when they send my renewal through.

post-121735-0-44135300-1481012062_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just ticked over 20k. I'm really delighted with my Rapid, especially after 48 hrs in a Citigo!

My long term calculated average is 46mpg over mixed driving (almost no motorway). I'm very pleased with that and some of the miles were very spirited indeed :)

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

Edited by Tom_vRS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Missed the exact moment by 5 miles as I was driving and couldn't pull in, but the car hit 30,000 miles today.

IMG_4038.JPG