Building a Citigo Junior Rallycar

pben123

hi iam  starting building a citigosport junior rally car form a damaged citigo sport will update as the work progress. A few pictures of the car first job i have started is to strip the car for the weld in t45 weld in roll cage to be fitted . The car will go to the jig next week to the passengers rear corner pulled . I started falling last year in july when i got my junior rally lic on my 14 th birthday i have done a few rallies in my citroen c1 and Liam competing this year in the full championship.

IMG_3130.jpgIMG_3131.jpgIMG_3132.jpg

some videos of last years events 

Edited by pben123
  • Like 1

Our regulations are very strict the engine must remain standard ecu standard exhaust can be changed we will fit a vortex the inlet sid can be changed we will fit an airbag in the bumper ,  suspension can be changed we will fit  3 way reiger coilovers . weight is big problem our minimum weight is 950kg inc driver and codriver so a lot of weight reduction. 

For a moment it thought 'building a Citigo junior rally car' meant you were going for pedal power?

• Like 1

started stripping inside out today

IMG_3141.jpg

shows the crease at the back that needs pulling going in the morning to the jig

IMG_3140.jpg

Edited by Gizmo68
Please join freedom if you wish to sell on Briskoda

For a moment it thought 'building a Citigo junior rally car' meant you were going for pedal power?

ha ha

we will get the engine to approx 85hp and 110 torque with in the regulations and the weight down to 770kg so should go ok

May I ask how you are getting that power (not that I'll copy you of course :notme:)

2" vortex exhaust system  with sports cat  and induction setup  head skimmed slightly  and fuel pressure regulator with increased fuel pressure.

• Like 1

Hi pben123

Is it possible you can take a photo of the inside section where the rear seatbelt mounts to on the offside?

I need to see if I can gain access to a small dent I have on the outside that I can push out from the inside.

Thanks [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi pben123

Is it possible you can take a photo of the inside section where the rear seatbelt mounts to on the offside?

I need to see if I can gain access to a small dent I have on the outside that I can push out from the inside.

Thanks [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi will do on thursday car away to the body shop to get the corner pulled 

• Like 1

car back from the jig pulled out really well  these are strong cars guy at jig said it wasn't a easy pull took a lot of force  ready for a small bit fillers and paint 

need to keep stripping parts 

IMG_3148.jpg

IMG_3151.jpg

• Like 1

hi all a few bits arrived today vortex race flow exhaust .IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3160.jpg

new light weight heater our regs say we can chnage the heater but must have hot air blowing on screen through orginal vents. this weights 1.2kg the one in the car weights 13kg more weight saving 

IMG_3161.jpg

Edited by pben123
  • Like 1