OutlawKens vrs mk1

OutlawKen

HI pal I'm looking into milltec exhaust wellycooler hybrid turbo uprated fuel pump just got Bam 225 tt injectors and looking at stage 2 map

Any help in where you got your bits from as buying all new is rather pricy

At the moment got stage 1 map filter sports clutch lightened balanced flywheel forge dv

I got lucky on ebay, when my turbo popped I found a golf being broken on ebay so got a turbo with forge actuator (which ya dont need but it was on there) toyosport welly cooler and pipes and inlet pipe for £450. I got the downpipe for a ton as it needs welding, just need a exhaust and im ready for stage 2 map. Keep a close eye on ebay for golf, leon, a3 and tt bits mate. Saying that the new eBay app is terrible and I deleted it out of protest! Good luck with your build fella

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So a little parcel from p34rc3 turned up yesterday and today I opened it and fitted the goods inside, nice ramair induction kit, will post pics tomo. Spool noise it amazing, the ecu aint happy but it will get use to it, so happy and that tiny bit closer to being ready for stage 2 map, just need exhaust now.

Here ya go ken lol

SAM_1013.jpg

SAM_1014.jpg

Heres the noise maker, cars settling into it nicely as it drove much nicer today, you can also see my creations top hose that went on a couple months ago, will come off when the big cooler goes on hopefully next month. Need to replace the orange hose with oil resistant black stuff and fix the catch can properly as its loose at the mo.

Couple pics I just found from june!! Im terrible with keeping track of photos.

SAM_0874.jpg

SAM_0872.jpg

Thinking of putting wheels back to silver or plasti dip green or some other lairy colour. Need to sort grille chrome to black but still getting the mechanicals upto spec, body will have to wait. Need 4 new tyres too and couple bits for the mot due in 6 weeks.

Thing is keep seeing black octys with silver wheels and it looks so clean, my wheels are grey but unless clean look dark n boring! I do have another idea for the wheels tho but il keep it a secret for now. Id like the golf anniversary wheels but that wknt happen a year or 2!

On another note im buying the exhaust off the guy breaking his car on here so get my miltec cat welded up n on with the exhaust and its stage 2 time hopefully before christmas, cant wait.

Yea I seen your post glad you are getting an exhaust but your exhaust note will become addictive so you will end up at the petroleum stations more mind

I had a 130pd golf with the anni wheels on and I honestly don't think they would suite the octavia body lines

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So its mot time next week! Need to try balance my hand brake up today as it drags on 1 side and the mechanism split bar is miles off being straight, my exhaust came from countryboy and will get a good clean, 4 new clamps and find someone who can weld my sports cat flange and hopefully mate it with this exhaust, if anyone can recommend someone in the se london, kent area it would be much appreciated

Will post next week after mot, fingers crossed

Mot done and I got some work to do, needs both front anti roll bar links as they have popped their boots, one rear o/s caliper to compliment the new ns one it had before I bought it and a front wheel bearing which hopefully just needs a tighten up according to the tester and need to fit my new exhaust as old ones got a broken mount

Keep it clean.....

Gotta get it legal first! U dont wanna see it how it sits at the mo, not been cleaned since the pic above at brands, poor thing does 200 miles a week just for work, use to do 35 when I got it!

Mot bits done, got away with re torquing the bearing which is good for time being. Anti roll bar links renewed, old ones were odd makes and the drivers side one was fitted incorrectly but I think it was in a attempt to clear the pancake pipe as its bloody tight! And finally new rear d/s caliper in silver at the mo but will rectify when the weathers better, othersides less than a year old so I now have a amazing handbrake and no more binding and leaving in gear when parked (did have a slight issue before I realised I needed to leave it in gear). So happy these are done, no photos cos it wad so windy I just wanted it done.

• 1 month later...

New year update time, so finally got a double din unit which is so much better than the previous single din dvd I had and broken din tray under it

20160130_215935.jpg

Also got some new shoes, they are fakes but for the cost I paid I dont care as I really only needed 4 new tyres but for less than 4 new avons at trade price I got these 18" with 3.5mm nankangs on all corners and can now keep me spiders for track treads. Did need a 3mm front spacer and put 8mm with longer bolts on the back to clear the calipers, could go to 5mm I reckon but got the 8mms with ten bolts for £18.75 off ebay and they are forge! Only down side is they have plasti dip on which ull see my attempts at removing, im gonna go peal some more off later and get better photos

20160130_130325.jpg

20160130_130358.jpg

20160130_132155.jpg

Wheels will get a refurb by myself in summer, the chrome lips need re polishing and sealing and the centres may get some colour at some point but next on the list is coilovers as the rear needs to come up slightly and the front to go lower.

Edited by OutlawKen

Right had a pealing session with the misses and the results are ok, lips need repolishing and to be honest these photos look worse than they are but im happy. Still need to get some bits of the plasti dip off lol

20160131_171017.jpg

20160131_171043.jpg

Even the misses got stuck in

20160131_162758.jpg

• Like 1

Small update and new wheel pics, put a new brake light switch on today to hopefully cure some issues and if not eliminate it from the list of possible fixes for less than £13! Also put a new door rubber on as old one was split and rather noisy at speed. Its gonna be a slow restoration but I wanna make this car as nice as I can.

SAM_1190.jpg

SAM_1191.jpg

SAM_1192.jpg

SAM_1193.jpg

20160206_151116.jpg

Edited by OutlawKen
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So today I may have hada right result, found a 23mm farb on ebay advertised as r32 but in ad said it measured 28mm! Knew this werent the case so put a few bids on and £12.50 later and £10,89 spent on I post parcels a box turns up at my work and the bars 23mm and has a yellow (correct for r32) marking on it although it looks painted on so will unwrap it properly over weekend to find the part number but even its a non yellow 23mm bar im happy with that price

Ps its polybushed too, winning!

• Like 1

So was you was it? I didn't measure it as I had some recollection they were 28mm, my bad! Guessed it was R32 on account of the hump in the middle, that's what I was told years ago. Anyway, there wasn't much interest on eBay and I'd had it sitting doing nothing for the last four years. I bought a new octy vrs last year, but this already had one, so no use again.

Anyhow, happy for you to bag a bargain especially now I know it's heading for an Octavia. Have a rear arb that's not quite complete if of interest to!

• Like 1

Ah hello, they all have the middle bump I believe, only shape difference is when its over or under drive shafts. Hopefully fit it sat at work if they let me, then have to concentrate on fitting the full exhaust and front mount and simplify bits I been sitting on for ages, keep buying bits instead n its gotta stop!

Thanks again lee for your time

Anyhow, happy for you to bag a bargain especially now I know it's heading for an Octavia. Have a rear arb that's not quite complete if of interest to!

Could be, I do need one, what type is it as im eyeing up the white line 25mm or neuspeed 28mm.

• 1 month later...

Finally got all the plasti dip off the wheels and I must say im very pleased with how clean the centres are, the lips still need a polish and laqur when the hot weather comes, 1 wheel is cracked tho but not leaking yet so will try find a replacement. Did try to fit the farb yesterday but the bolts are solid in both the sub frame and half moons so that will wait until I have new bolts and the means to remove snapped bolts as a back up. Fire will be my friend with that issue I think. Any way photos......

SAM_1196.jpg

SAM_1195.jpg

SAM_1194.jpg

Edited by OutlawKen
  • Like 2