Moments of joy in your day today

mender

Got in a very cold car and turned on the heated seats for the first time :moon:

I did think I'd ****ed myself for a second.

• Like 1

^^^^   Cool!

for me - the look on my 8 year old daughter's face when I said I'd take her to school in the 'little blue car' this morning (the MX5...)

After being tailgated (by lorry) again in the M6 50mph average speed limit section (it wasn't just me - when I got out of the way he did to the car in front).  

I had to giggle  when a Golf in the outside lane overtook everything  at considerably more than 50mph and then braked for the speed camera and then speeded up again when they thought they had passed it.

I am off work today on Dad Duty. Right now I am walking the dog to calm it down, up in the woods, green shoots, blue bells, mug of coffee...and a Spitfire has just passed over head.

Bliss.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The unbridled joy of turning off my phone, shutting off all the nonsense this week has brought, declaring end of week and start of weekend and making a killer G&T.

Opihr spiced gin, Schweppes slimline, squeeze of lemon, two slices, ice, tall glass

Garden, grin.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After weeks of UK vodka shlte, drinking proper kosher Polish Krupnik vodka and getting to the bottom of a few issues and turning a corner in life, finally

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thread revival....

What made me smile today -

Managing to not throw up at the end of the toughest circuit training class ive been at since my first one back in august... by god i thought i was going to!

Then having our trainer pop outside and come back in with Christmas Cans for us (Heineken). I dont like Heiner anymore, but it is going down so well with my dinner now!

• Like 2

Meeting my boss in the corridor of the office im rarely in at 1145am today.

His words - 

Would you ever go f'kin home for Christmas. Il see you in January

Lets just say me company laptop was still shutting down in the bag when u was 10miles from the office :D

• 2 weeks later...

No 2 son got a job where he will use his degree (Bio-Medical Science). The money's not great but it will give him the lab experience all the better paid job say he needs to support his degree.

And he will be moving out!

:-)

• Like 4

Twas the missus sent me the link, having been tipped off about it from a friend. Thank god they made sure it was Northern Ireland she was from, not the republic. Weve our head bangers, but thats just mental case stuff!

Did a ROSC at work today. Always a perk to the job.

(Return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC) is resumption of sustained perfusing cardiac activity associated with significant respiratory effort after cardiac arrest. Signs of ROSC include breathing, coughing, or movement and a palpable pulse or a measurable blood pressure)

• Thanks 1