Skoda fabia engine cover

2 hours ago, badgerdisco said:

I wanted to get rid of the plastic engine case because it's letting oil out onto the engine and fumes are coming into the cabin. The spare cap underneath the engine cover is not tight enough! It has a rubber o-ring on it but it will surely pop off. I cleaned mine up and put it back together again with the cover back on. Looks like the Felicia cap is the solution.

The Felicia cap is exactly the same as the Fabia spare one. You could get a new seal for yours and it would be a bit tighter (part number 047103487). They aren't a particularly tight fit to start with as they don't need to be. The only time it would blow off would be if there was a blocked breather or some other cause of back pressure. If anything there is normally some suction which keeps the cap on.

5r56y677.png

http://www.skodaparts.com/products

Edited by TMB
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TMB said:

The Felicia cap is exactly the same as the Fabia spare one. You could get a new seal for yours and it would be a bit tighter (part number 047103487). They aren't a particularly tight fit to start with as they don't need to be. The only time it would blow off would be if there was a blocked breather or some other cause of back pressure. If anything there is normally some suction which keeps the cap on.

5r56y677.png

http://www.skodaparts.com/products

Thanks, this is really helpful. I will purchase the seal then (thanks for the part number) - it's a light enough fit that if the car were somehow turned upside down (!) then it would slip off. I've not come across an oil cap like that before.