ChrisRs's MX-5 Thread

ChrisRs

• 3 weeks later...

Car ready for a wash and wax refresh tomorrow after being deluged with serious rain since Xmas Eve

Our DS4 is unbelievably filthy from the drive to Scarborough and Whitby on Boxing Day, through the floods

Car wash day

Watch this space

Decided to not post pictures.........

The car looks exactly the same as it did the last time I washed and waxed it..so does the DS4

The custom made outdoor triple lined car cover bought with Xmas money should be here soon

So it should be very well protected from Storm ******..........whatever they decide to call it

• Like 1

I always though those things were a HUGE NO NO with you detailing Guys because they scratch the paintwork.  I know when my bike was outside the cat used to climb under the cover to sit on it and of course he would scratch the paintwork with his claws on the way up and down.

Edited by Chriswright03

I'm not really a fan either. Car obviously needs to be clean before you put the cover on - probably not an issue for Chris :)

But it's also the issue of movement of the cover from wind, and it rubbing on the paintwork.

Is there something particularly special about this one Chris, that we're missing?

Come on!!! Lol
You must know that I would research this well before buying
It's quadruple lined and has a soft lining and will not scratch a clean dirt free car
Other 5 owners have also confirmed that it hasn't scratched either

EDIT: Added the URL for you

http://www.stormcarcovers.co.uk/collections/stormforce-car-covers/products/mazda-car-covers-1?variant=609955157

Edited by ChrisRs
  • Like 1