Rapid Recall

Perhaps it's the engineer in me that likes to know what my dealer/ manufacturer has done to my car.So no record you can pass on to a potential new owner - as this was once a good thing to have full service,warranty etc histoy.

It is highly likely that I will return to the dealer where I got it from, so will be on their systems.

It is highly likely that I will return to the dealer where I got it from, so will be on their systems.

Good to hear your "Trust" in the Manufacturer.

So the document control on their system,will notify the owner if they change anything .

Is the owner allowed a "hard copy" or is it subject to Data Protection-EU?

Edited by vrskeith

No idea. All I was told was that it required the accelerator pedal replacing. I have it documented that it needs replacing. I was told yesterday that it was done.

As for your question regarding Data Protection Act according to an article on What Car it refers to garages holding electronic records and car manufacturers holding information. An FOI request wouldn't be required.

@VRSKeith all the maintenance which is done on any car is logged on that cars history on the system, they usually print off a work report when you pick the car up from the dealer anyway. Hope this helps.

What did they do? Have they put a comment note in the service book?

I believe they changed the accelerator pedal. Don't think they put a note in the service book.

I forgot to mention that the power steering software was upgraded on a previous visit.

@VRSKeith all the maintenance which is done on any car is logged on that cars history on the system, they usually print off a work report when you pick the car up from the dealer anyway. Hope this helps.

So obviously GarrethW didn't get his report from the dealer then?

Does sound like cruise control, almost as if it was automatically setting. Can't say I've ever noticed it myself, surely if the car was still maintaining speed without your foot on the pedal this is not something to be brushed off as a "product enhancement" or whatever... It's a "this need to come back in now..." It's very dangerous!

I've just googled this issue and it's an 'anti stall' feature and quite common apparently.  :)

It was my dealer who dealt with the replacement accelerator.

So no printed off for work done/customer report for you then GW.As outlined by "Skippy VRS" above

Does this mean that once again each Skoda Service Dealer dept, do their own thing and are not working consistently to a Skoda UKCS Procedure.

Should be working to Best Practice,not sloppy can't be bother manner,like your dealer.

Edited by vrskeith

It will be on their systems! If I want a printout I will request a printout.

I object to your comment about my dealer being "sloppy and can't be bothered manner." I have used this garage for many years. Why would they jeopardise their integrity and Skoda's integrity?

@vrskeith Maybe he didn't want a print out as its on the system at the garage. Everything's electronic these days so nothing "sloppy" about his garage.

End of !

Let's keep things civil please folks

Friendly forum and all that

Good idea Damo,just hope Computer doesn't say NO!lol

Had a look this morning, I don't have a log book, I have the electronic service record. I suppose it's one of those things that has decided to join the paperless society. Something I'm used to now as my insurance certificate can be obtained online, my bank statement is now only available online.

Just at called dealer. Nothing on system for my vehicle. Wonder what I've not got/got that others did/didn't!

2014 Black Magic Rapid 1.6Tdi Elegance

Sent from my thumbs on a rediculously small screen using Tapatalk

Just at called dealer. Nothing on system for my vehicle. Wonder what I've not got/got that others did/didn't!

2014 Black Magic Rapid 1.6Tdi Elegance

Sent from my thumbs on a rediculously small screen using Tapatalk

Hmm, quite interesting that, as I've got the SE Connect and was affected. If I remember correctly, the Black series was released pretty much straight after, if I'm correct?

I'm still no wiser  now, the lady at the service       desk said it was to run a check on the accelerator pedal as some needed replacing. Mine seemed alright but they changed it & valeted it as well. All under warranty as well.

Edited by Shaker Steve
  • Like 1

I'm still no wiser  now, the lady at the service       desk said it was to run a check on the accelerator pedal as some needed replacing. Mine seemed alright but they changed it & valeted it as well. All under warranty as well.

Good to see you got yours sorted without any hassle :)

• Like 1

They also updated the software on the power steering as well. Whatever that means! Was in for hour & 1/2, whille I was there one lucky guy was collecting a brand new 15 plate Spaceback. He was sat in the car with the salesman for a while then was away in it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Spaceback is in on Tuesday for the recall (accelerator pedal replacement & power steering software upgrade), so will ask for a history printout to see what is entered.

Not had a service yet, so currently the electronic service history/record is blank - other than original registration details.

• Like 1

All done, car picked up from work, warranty repair completed, car washed/hoovered, comp. safety check and returned.

Excellent service from Skoda Vindis, Cambridge.

For those interested, the electronic record now shows:

Repair 1 - completed recall 20V4, replace throttle pedal

Repair 2 - completed recall 48L7, COADJUTOR power steering control unit

There were no noticeable issues before the car went in and I haven't noticed any changes since getting it back.

The Service Manager indicated they hadn't experienced any failures, and it seems most likely a precautionary measure.

• Like 2