Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

• 2 weeks later...

Washed and waxed the car today as I've not had a chance to do it for a few weeks ... Wheels where manky and wish I'd taken a before shot but they came up lovely with nothing more than a clean with Wo-Wo wheel cleaner and agitated with one of their brushes .... I did coat them the last time I cleaned them with Wo-Wo Crystal Sealant which may have helped 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

I got the Superbs winter prep done this week. Dodo Juice Lime Prime followed by Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid Nano.

vmxv2HZ.jpg

YAp2dZw.jpg

icwE15C.jpgjpg

I also got the Ford done too. A quick Devon and polish with Scholl Concepts S30 followed by a full wipe-down with Angelwax Stripped-ease and Sonax Nano Paint Protect. Hopefully this should get of through the winter. Now, the beading wasn't great on this so after a quick wash I thought I'd do a wee test; half the car was treated to Angelwax Ti-22 (passenger side) and half was treated to Powermaxed Winter coat (drivers side). I'll keep an eye on it and report back! Both were applied in the same way; spritzed on to a MF applicator and applied to the paint, then promptly buffed off. Now black paint is very unforgiving. Both products streaked a little but Ti-22 was noticeably glossier and less grabby on removal. I'll update with durability and water behaviour.

whdYt9W.jpg

Lh2Vqjn.jpg

TOZP3gm.jpg

XRySb09.jpg

Should be a nice little test, Ti-22 saying 4 months and Winter coat quoting up to 9. Time will tell!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, samuir1974 said:

Helping out with detailing duties recently.... a lovely Golf R.

Great interior on these - but the paint looks softer than usual going by wash marring etc already inflicted!!

22279925_10212062436170859_5908896448725

Very nice Ste! I do like a blue Golf R!!!

• Like 1

Gave a colleague's car a post Ophelia wash from the Saharan dust. 

Before

YiprBgil.jpg

After a clean and seal. 

kMsQCtOl.jpg

ee4yD1nl.jpg

Cleaned and dressed 

gyD42Ycl.jpg

c87TVxel.jpg

2IO4bOEl.jpg

• Like 1

Hello chaps :)

Winter Detail time! Well it was back on the 8th Oct...

Managed to get a clear weekend day weather-wise, so after 4.5hrs this is how it ended up. It's actually not had much in the way of 'proper' car since it landed in May. It's been kept clean and with some Sonax BSD and Wax Addict Fo Show over the top.

I didn't have time for polish quite frankly and after clay it probably didn't need it. Might have brought out a bit more 'pop' mind you...

So... pretty standard approach really:

1. Started with BH Auto Foam
  2. 2BM with BH Auto Wash
  3. Rinse
  4. De-iron with Wolf's Fallout Remover
  5. Rinse
  6. Clay with BH blue bar
  7. Foamed down and rinsed again
  8. Dried with AF drying towel
  9. Glaze with Poorboy's Black Hole
  10. Sealed with Jeff's Prime
  11. Finished with a Gtechniq C2 v3 coating. 

I didn't think that was bad going in 4.5hrs and it was coated in Cheshire's finest to start with! Micro beading bode well I think.

After this I applied Gyeon Q2 to the tyres and coating the rear arch 'carpets' with some GTechniq L1 Fabric Guard. Just to see if this would make them a bit easier to clean! I also stuck a bit of C2 on the alloys as well, to see how that would help with cleaning.

It's just had a couple of weeks and 1500 miles throughout Scotland inc the NC500, so wanted some protection in place! So it's now thoroughly dirty, I'll see how easily it will clean back up again.

So this has been from 'fresh & shiny' to thoroughly 'countrified' in one post! :D

IMG_20171008_164339 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20171008_165129 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20171008_165206 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20171008_165525 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20171008_165549 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20171030_143404.jpg

IMG_20171030_143315.jpg

Edited by Wardy
  • Like 1

Neighbour has been doing some runs back and forward to the coast getting it filthy. I couldn't leave it another day so gave the two cars a full clean. 

1jfJIKul.jpg

7XT360el.jpg

26eSIull.jpg

ToUmdtul.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

One to maybe encourage the amateurs (of which I am definitely one):biggrin:. Nothing more than a jet-wash pat dried with a Woolly Mammoth followed by a coat of Tutlewax. Windows cleaned using Halfords own brand window cleaner and back to black tyre dressing on the tyres.

Nothing compared with what you guys are achieving, but I'm pleased.20180225_153945.thumb.jpg.bce3ca2327ed776cb8e7d1d213981cb6.jpg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

One to maybe encourage the amateurs (of which I am definitely one):biggrin:. Nothing more than a jet-wash pat dried with a Woolly Mammoth followed by a coat of Tutlewax. Windows cleaned using Halfords own brand window cleaner and back to black tyre dressing on the tyres.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=66c1d7df650950da

Nothing compared with what you guys are achieving, but I'm pleased.20180225_153945.thumb.jpg.bce3ca2327ed776cb8e7d1d213981cb6.jpg

Shes looking good and that's what matters.. 

I'm an amateur myself but got supagard kit with the Rapid and acquired an autoglym lifeshine kit for free so have been using the products.. 

5 hours ago, DJG1984 said:

Rained this morning leaving a nice beading on my newly paint sealant treated rapid.. 

DSC_0284.JPG

Nice @DJG1984. When you say "paint sealant treated" do you mean the AG Lifeshine? I've got a bottle lying around somewhere and was thinking about using it. How did you find it to apply and remove?

14 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Nice @DJG1984. When you say "paint sealant treated" do you mean the AG Lifeshine? I've got a bottle lying around somewhere and was thinking about using it. How did you find it to apply and remove?

It’s easy to use. I applied the autoglym Extra gloss protection (a part of the lifeshine kit) using a microfibre cloth. I washed and waxed the car first. 

Applied a thin, even coat of EGP. I went over twice to make sure I didn’t miss any bits. I left it on for nearly an hour then used a clean microfibre cloth to buff it. 

Thanks. This is where my lack of understanding lets me down. I think (but don't know) that the experts say "wax on top of sealant, but not the other way round", though yours is looking good on it. Do you know if that "sealant first" rule is just for the ceramic sealants? This is why I haven't used the Lifeshine yet BTW. 

44 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Thanks. This is where my lack of understanding lets me down. I think (but don't know) that the experts say "wax on top of sealant, but not the other way round", though yours is looking good on it. Do you know if that "sealant first" rule is just for the ceramic sealants? This is why I haven't used the Lifeshine yet BTW. 

Honesty, not sure. I'm just learning myself. 

On 26/02/2018 at 15:24, BriskodaJeff said:

Feel free to ask before trying. Or stick a new post up in the Car Care Section.

Sealant needs to be applied before wax or any LSP (Last Stage Product). For sealant to work properly and effectively, it needs to cure directly on top of the paint's clearcoat.

If you put a wax in between, you won't get the sealant working properly. It will also break down far more quickly, so it's a waste of product and your time really.

If you're looking to apply sealant, you should wash and dry the car first. Then inspect the paint and assess how clean it is. Does it feel smooth and glass like? If not, and you can feel bumps and imperfections sat on the paint, it's best to clay the paint. A clay bar will allow any of those imperfections to stick the bar, and be removed from the paint. Then rinse and dry the car again. If we assume you don't want or need to polish the paint, your next stage is sealant. Followed by a wax.

Hope this helps :thumbup:

• Thanks 2