Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

Yesterday was a double car day - did my Yeti then moved on to SWMBO's i10. AB lance with 1" of Carchem snowfoam was enough to do both, followed by 2BM (VP Poseidon shampoo), and the Yeti got another top up of BSD. You can see the dirt that came out of the i10 wheel arches in front of the drive!

post-80615-0-24082100-1426420148_thumb.jpg

post-80615-0-05752200-1426420160_thumb.jpg

post-80615-0-26799800-1426420167_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

IMG 2960

Washed, Clayed, Polished and Sealed today, following the fitting of some new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s last week :thumbup:

Polished using Meguiars Ultimate Compound by hand, Sealed with AG EGP, followed by Sonax BSD over the bodywork and wheels.

No nonsense, pleased with the results and enjoyed looking at the car in the reflection of shop windows on the drive into town, where the photo was taken B)

• Like 3

Pick up my car the other day after trading in the mazda so thought I'd give her a wash and wax, after a good shampoo I gave it one coat of autoglym super resin polish then two coats of high gloss protector. I'm please with the shine it has now.

Please ignore the weird wife in the back seat pulling faces!

post-77072-0-92952600-1427046118_thumb.jpg

post-77072-0-58170500-1427046137_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Cleaned the weekend toy , first time this year

Just snowfoam (Envy Bubbly Jubbly), shampoo (Envy) and q/d with Sonax BSD

20150322_175112_zpsxsw1uhpn.jpg

20150322_175119_zpsiue4r92k.jpg

• Like 3

Well as the weather was so nice today, 

Got to try my new jetwash with the Karcher snowfoam that was included, used a G3 claybar Mitt and Meguiars Detailing Spray, used Simoniz Wax to finish off.

An enjoyable afternoon!

IMG_8501.jpg

• Like 2

It wasn't fun, didn't apply very easily.

I must admit very new to this detailing thing and I picked it up at Halfords under the 3 for 2 deal they have, am quite pleased with how it looks though...(awaits Vauxhall Jokes)

• 2 weeks later...

First clean on mine yesterday

Snowfoamed, Shampooed, wheels done with Evolution and interior vacuumed and treated with detail spray, britemax on the exhaust trims . Paintwork polished with Car Pro Reflect with my Rupes Big Foot , then Filler Killer to remove the oils , treated with Cquartz and then Car Pro reload. Left to cure then another coat of reload this morning

20150406_102204_zpsdpavr1xy.jpg

20150406_103226_zpscf9bfni3.jpg

P1000899_zpsws0jws06.jpg

P1000913_zps0ges33za.jpg

P1000893_zpsn75wnzcv.jpg

• Like 3

First clean on mine yesterday

Snowfoamed, Shampooed, wheels done with Evolution and interior vacuumed and treated with detail spray, britemax on the exhaust trims . Paintwork polished with Car Pro Reflect with my Rupes Big Foot , then Filler Killer to remove the oils , treated with Cquartz and then Car Pro reload. Left to cure then another coat of reload this morning

20150406_102204_zpsdpavr1xy.jpg

20150406_103226_zpscf9bfni3.jpg

P1000899_zpsws0jws06.jpg

P1000913_zps0ges33za.jpg

P1000893_zpsn75wnzcv.jpg

Nice work, lovely car, great number plate too! :thumbup:

Good work, is it just me or is the current Race Blue not as bright?

It does look darker , my mum came over with her race blue vrs Fabia and it looks lighter , mind you past experience of race blue is that different polishes can have dramatic effects

Good work, is it just me or is the current Race Blue not as bright?

I think it's just the lighting on the photos

Not sure

My Mk2 on the same drive on an overcast day

DSC00310_zpsyhrhovpo.jpg

Versus the Mk3

11096503_10153202753914664_3204659883107

Here's a photo of the old bus a couple of days ago.  Just a simple wash - two bucket method - a 'wax it wet' and a coat of detailing spray. 

April%202015_zpsnhyjkwap.jpg

Absolutely stunning work there Andrew - the car is looking fantastic! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Thanks for the positive comments.  I will say though that black lends itself to being flattered in photographs.  In reality it needs a really good going over by a professional to get rid of all the swirls & imperfections that my OCD sees every day. :D

• Like 2

Thanks for the positive comments.  I will say though that black lends itself to being flattered in photographs.  In reality it needs a really good going over by a professional to get rid of all the swirls & imperfections that my OCD sees every day. :D

Not wrong there, from a distance virtually any clean black car will look great. It's only when closer that you begin to notice the flaws which will need machine polishing out.

• Like 2

I can come to Scarborough anytime

Just let me know

• Like 1