Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

Well it was a decision between this thread and get your beads out:

CSC_6549.JPG

DSC_6541.JPG

Was washing it and had just got it dry and using QD on the bonnet when the rains came down :crying:

Edited by Bud
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I posted a while back about having issues getting my alloys cleaned with the readily available wheel cleaners from your local car accessory shop or supermarket and was advised to try a decent wheel cleaner well on Thursday there I bought some of Wowwow's wheel cleaner and must say for only a quick going over this morning ( in between rain showers ) I'm quite impressed so far .... Fraser the owner of Wowwow's dis say on looking at the wheels some of the marks might be tar....

the first lot of 4 photos are the before shots .. I'd to move the car so the after shots may not be exactly in the same position 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

• Like 2

@labman1001 that definitely looks a lot better heard good remarks about Wowo's products :thumbup: all you need to do now is: jack up the car, wheels off & give them a good sparkle inside & out, iron fallout, wheel cleaner & then a few good coats of wax/sealant etc. B) 

• Like 1

Hi Batvanvrs, I remember the days when I'd gladly have gone the whole Hogg on the wheels inside and out but I'm not sure if I could cope with it ... It takes me all my time to Jack the car up and take a wheel off these days for a puncture never mind to wash them on the inside .... I did get some of their wheel sealant to apply to the wheels but will wait to I've given the car another complete going over along with the wheels before applying it....

• Like 1

On 13/07/2017 at 18:28, Bignij said:

Just reserve judgement on the Karcher snow foam gun. I bought one of these, https://www.kaercher.com/uk/accessory/foam-nozzle-connect-n-clean-fj10-c-ultra-foam-cleaner-1l-26431430.html#CeDgpp3ouBCi2Kwh.97 I didn't know it came with the snow foam. I wanted a pH neutral foam, this isn't, however, the foam that it made was really good and thick and really cleaned seven days of Devon crud off the car. I haven't yet tried it with a different foam but as soon as I do, I'll let you know. I tried it with some Tesco melon and summat or other, neat car shampoo to see if it foamed. It didn't.

Well. Finally. I used the Karcher snow foam gun with Valetpro pH neutral snow foam and it was brilliant. Sorry, I forgot photos, however I mixed it as per the instructions. 300ml foam to 700ml of water. I used hot tap water. I probably could have done it with about 75% of the bottle but it was so good, thick and creamy that I got carried away and emptied the lot. I'll try to get photos next time. :dry:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's that time of year again:

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0155_zpszewazgyp.jpg

Needed its first claying - not bad for two years old:

IMG_0159_zps7fsxxo9c.jpg

IMG_0161_zpsyaljjy0c.jpg

Topped up the C2, and it's very shiny shiny:

IMG_0164_zpsrv103liu.jpg

IMG_0165_zpscrziyhnq.jpg

Gaz

Edited by V6TDI
  • Like 2

On 08/08/2017 at 11:05, samuir1974 said:

Trying out some recent detailing purchases last night on a quick Z4 detail.....

Solution Finish

Koch Chemie polishes

Powermaxed Tsunami wax

20637802_10211592930273505_1131661136109

Results....

So the Tsunami wax is full of sand?  How's that for bringing your swirls out?

• 2 weeks later...

Cleaned yesterday with two bucket method using AG high definition shampoo and wash mitt. Dried off with drying towel and AG Rapid Detailer. Added an application of Collinate 476s to bodywork. Wheels cleaned with Valetpro Bilberry and Collinate 845 wax on the wheels. AG Tyre Dressing. AG Fast Glass. And a coat of Auto Finesse Glisten on the panels and roof. Photographed under moody skies..

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0403.JPG

Edited by threadbear
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, samuir1974 said:

Very nice dude - loving the "show plates" there!

Cheers mate. I do love those new plates. Beautiful Cumbrian flag. 

I did another 5 Series today. An older one that yesterday. 

ueED660l.jpg

Dd0L97ol.jpg

H177AYjl.jpg

The interior was filthy. 

Z9rsjdfl.jpg

HlxLcHyl.jpg

• Like 1

I have busy bee this morning, and now duly knackered after 4.5 hours cleaning :D

q7TPR5L.jpg

GNBYlr5.jpg

5dnSg48.jpg

m95N1HU.jpg

Tnh9jki.jpg

q32mOpe.jpg

sQeoAMp.jpg

m5X7MDh.jpg

xhT1zzU.jpg

Car wasn't really dirty, so I didn't snowfoam this time, rinse with jetwash, 2BM wash, rinse again and towel dry.

Applied Fusso 99 for durability and then topped with Meguirs Quik Wax (as heard good things about it for black cars), glass treated with Hellshine Ghost rider.

Wheels treated with Autoglym Alloy Wheel Seal.

• Like 4

Cleaning regime - `Spring` and `Autumn`

Spray Wheels (BH Auto Wheel)

Rinse (use `attachment` and include arches and under car)

Pre-wash Car (Diluted TFR 15/1) with garden sprayer

Rinse

Snow-foam Car

Rinse
Wash (Detox shampoo, APC, Fairy liquid)

Rinse

Valet Pro Citrus Tar Remover

Rinse

Iron X

Rinse
Clay Mitt (Shampoo, Fairy liquid)

Rinse
Wash Car (2 BM)

Rinse
Dry

Polish (Auto Finesse Tough Coat)
Wax (Chemical Guys 50/50 Pure Concours)

Seal Wheels (Auto Finesse Mint Rims)

Result............

59c2e84c0c545_MyCar1.thumb.jpg.773bcd12bf1d9da4ebba59c185ca547f.jpg

• Like 3

Mrs V6TDI has seen the light about having a nice clean shiny car.  And while her efforts are perhaps a tad unorthodox, the final results on her Tornado Red Polo GTI were pretty good.  It was initially a bit quiet outside, so I went to investigate.  Mrs V6TDI remarked on how much more effective the pressure washer was, once I plugged it into the mains.  Bless B):

IMG_0267.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2