Oil and Air Filter Change - Skoda Superb CR140 (CFFB)

silver1011

• 3 months later...

Great write up and pics.  Would you happen to know the code/size of the new sump plug you are using ?  I see ECP have a 75% off sale today so I'm going to stock up...!

Cheers

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TasMan said:

I see ECP have a 75% off sale today so I'm going to stock up...!

Cheers

!! if only that were true !!

Part75 code gives 35% to 50% on selected parts only. Some parts much lower or no discount.

4 minutes ago, xman said:

!! if only that were true !!

Part75 code gives 35% to 50% on selected parts only. Some parts much lower or no discount.

Lol, yes you are correct, just rattling out a reply while on lunch, still a decent saving as was going to be buying air and oil filters anyway.  :-)  Cheers

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TasMan said:

Great write up and pics.  Would you happen to know the code/size of the new sump plug you are using ?  I see ECP have a 75% off sale today so I'm going to stock up...!

Cheers

Here was my last Eurocarparts order.

19mm sump plug with integrated washer = 333440211...

Capture.thumb.JPG.c46d268870c7be20bbe32feffe5bdccc.JPG

They've gone up by 10p!

Capture.thumb.JPG.2d7940f0f98808cbdb55a88990d7ccac.JPG

Edited by silver1011
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

No doubt the sump plug can be used more than once, especially those that use a detachable crush / brass washer.

For the sake of £2 I just swap them out each time. I have a little tub in my garage with all the old ones, it's nice little visual reminder on how many times I've scrabbled about under the car :D

• 4 weeks later...

Just been doing oil, filter, fuel and air filter changes. My 1st time using my new Pela 6000 oil extractor...

Thinks I....this should not take too long. Insert Pela suction probe into dipstick tube, pump up the container and voila....warm oil starts to flow...but after about a litre extracted it starts to suck air and gurgle...I try to push it further down, but not it will not go. It goes into the tube only the same depth as the length as the dipstick...no further.

Ended up jacking the car up and removing the drain plug, and the other 3 litres+ oil flowed out. Much more work having to go underneath. All done now but...

Is there some trick in getting the extractor pipe further into the sump?

Thanks

Fats