Oil and Air Filter Change - Skoda Superb CR140 (CFFB)

silver1011

Hmm, T40 for me...

32_zpsfz0cbhlv.jpg

There is however every chance a T45 would fit but the T40 was nice and tight.

Ok, maybe they have different sizes for these bolts. An advice can be for Superb owners to try both T45 and T40 when doing an oil change.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

That's a good video for the level of detail for the various service components. 

Is it just me wondering, what are those 2 pipes running across the engine?

I realised perhaps it's a mini cab, didn't think people retro fitted anything in the engine bay for that reason. 

• Like 1

Hi gav, it’s a mini cab and it has done  320.000 miles so far, he had a problem with the dpf getting clogged with engine oil coming through the Pcv valve to the turbo and so on so we have installed a oil catch can, that is the reason for the 2 pipes , which is a more economical way of trying to remedy the problem... so far it has worked he empty it every month also ... thanks

2 hours ago, Igorsobreira said:

Hi gav, it’s a mini cab and it has done  320.000 miles so far, he had a problem with the dpf getting clogged with engine oil coming through the Pcv valve to the turbo and so on so we have installed a oil catch can, that is the reason for the 2 pipes , which is a more economical way of trying to remedy the problem... so far it has worked he empty it every month also ... thanks

Understood. Wow if my 170 dsg goes that long I will be happy. 

Whats the secret. I am a motorway driver so no clogging up issues. 

My octy 2 has 227k. Still running. 

Skoda’s in general are very good motors, this cabbie last superb did over 400k and The secret will be servicing in general, filters and fluid must be in tip-top condition and a bit of luck as well , make sure the vehicle wasn’t put together on Friday when workers would be rushing thinking about the pint at the of the day  lol. This cab does most miles around town so that’s why the issue with the dpf . Good luck with your car 

1 hour ago, Igorsobreira said:

Skoda’s in general are very good motors, this cabbie last superb did over 400k and The secret will be servicing in general, filters and fluid must be in tip-top condition and a bit of luck as well , make sure the vehicle wasn’t put together on Friday when workers would be rushing thinking about the pint at the of the day  lol. This cab does most miles around town so that’s why the issue with the dpf . Good luck with your car 

How do you deal with dpf on taxis clean or replace or remove/blank?

i expect 5k oil changes are normal ?

In this particular case the DPF filter was replaced costing around £700 including labour , regarding oil change it will be best to check in your car manual , but I would at least change every 12 months. The cabbie changes it every time that the service light comes on because the Skoda superb has different sensors monitoring the oil quality, it will be anything between 10.000 /12 months to 20.000/24 months depending on which engine oil was used. My own car a Renault Megane manual says every 18.000 miles but I service it every 12 months or 10.000 miles . 

On 07/02/2018 at 18:57, Igorsobreira said:

In this particular case the DPF filter was replaced costing around £700 including labour , regarding oil change it will be best to check in your car manual , but I would at least change every 12 months. The cabbie changes it every time that the service light comes on because the Skoda superb has different sensors monitoring the oil quality, it will be anything between 10.000 /12 months to 20.000/24 months depending on which engine oil was used. My own car a Renault Megane manual says every 18.000 miles but I service it every 12 months or 10.000 miles . 

I was expecting the cabbie to do it sooner given the local stop start driving. I used to hear people do that in 90's every 5k. Only 1 new DPF in all those miles is pretty good going given people suggest they last about 100k. 

Definitely it was a pretty good running with the original DPF but He should’ve change it 60k sooner. In the end the car was going into dpf regeneration and smoke a lot 3 times a day at least where he used to go onto the carriageway to clear it spending lots of money with unnecessary mileage ... 

• 1 month later...

Photobucket have a lot to answer for, redundant forum threads all over the world.

Briskoda seems to have a time limit for editing posts too, so I can't go back and add them in their proper places.

Here are the pictures from my opening posts, although you'll have to work out which ones go where!

00001.thumb.jpg.2caa9a531832b9b2d60cc2a58b6b0412.jpg

0001.thumb.jpg.e79ae154dd9e063c2c789740cde89b82.jpg

001.thumb.jpg.32ea0f974f416da740f9197baf0f2e79.jpg

01.thumb.jpg.8cc54b3f41e9e4cdef6d2a92cfc652fe.jpg

1.thumb.JPG.c096317c34bf0b769879c8612b185f2b.JPG