Joining the Rapid gang.

Well, I was originally going to go for a new Fabia, but the finance trading up from a Citigo was really rather expensive!

A Rapid Sport will now be mine for more than 20ppm less than a Fabia SE 90 :)

Should be with me in a few weeks.  Happy days!

Red Rapids on 17's look good - surprised there aren't more.

I'm considering buying a Spaceback SE Sport but can't decide whether to go for white or get another red one. Going next week to have a look at the Spaceback and a white Fabia estate at a dealer not too far from me.

I think the Sport does looks better in red but my Monte's red so might have a change, got to see if they're going to do the deal they say they can first.

Congratulations Mike, hope you like it...I remember about 5 years ago on the Fabia forum, we both got 105`s about the same time and couldnt believe how fast they were.Scalded cats :sun: .Happy days (I`m on a Roomster now) keep us posted re what you think of your new one..

• Like 1

Mike Wrightson, on 12 Mar 2015 - 19:29, said:

I think it's a scandal that they've started charging extra for red and white.  I am certainly not paying £500 extra for a metallic colour.

On the configurator Candy white and Corrida Red are £175

Sprint Yellow or metallics £535

On the Toledo - Corrida Red was the only free colour. I paid £175 for white cos I couldnt afford the silver and 17's.

Edited by camelspyyder

Congratulations Mike, hope you like it...I remember about 5 years ago on the Fabia forum, we both got 105`s about the same time and couldnt believe how fast they were.Scalded cats :sun: .Happy days (I`m on a Roomster now) keep us posted re what you think of your new one..

Yep, it was quick all right :)

The Citigo has also been absolutely brilliant and amazingly cheap on fuel, but I don't love it the way I did the Fabia and now it's time to move on.  I've had a long break from the site as I've discovered a new hobby - cycling (I don't even want to think about how much money that has sucked up!) :D

Yep, it was quick all right :)

The Citigo has also been absolutely brilliant and amazingly cheap on fuel, but I don't love it the way I did the Fabia and now it's time to move on.  I've had a long break from the site as I've discovered a new hobby - cycling (I don't even want to think about how much money that has sucked up!) :D

....me too on everything bar the Citygo, cycling's the reason I'm after a bit more space.

Seats are rock hard in a Rapid Sport whereas the Citigo Sport is much softer.

Equipment isn't essential for basic comfy motoring [emoji16]

But I would say all this wouldn't I [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heh, the seats in my very first Octavia were very firm.  However, once adjusted correctly, they were extremely comfortable.

To be fair, the Citigo is far better on the motorway long-distance than it has any right to be.  It's pretty quiet when cruising at 70 and manages to feel bigger than it actually is.  The only let-down is that the seats aren't supportive enough for such use.  I start to get back ache after an hour, though maybe I'm just getting old...... :sweat:

Another 200 miles to go on the Citigo yet this saturday as I'm off for a bike ride on the isle of Bute. :D

• Like 2

And here he is :)

16909357796_be368ac8a9_c.jpg

Took a long drive last night to burn off the free fuel from the dealer and really see how it goes.  Very nice, steers well, grips well and that 6-speed is lovely.  Seats are much nicer with no backache after an hour.  Very happy with it.

• Like 4