Joining the Rapid gang.

Yes, Corrida Red.  I had a test drive of a Rio Red one, that was a nice colour.  That one was an 85bhp TSI and it was still plenty pokey :)

One thing I don't have is a spare wheel, just the can of goo, but that's what was in stock at the time. I do like that it has tyre pressure monitoring, which I didn't realise it had.

Edited by Mike Wrightson

After a few more days use...  I'd gladly swap the TPM for parking sensors.  Damn, it has a big ar$e! :D

I'm also not quite sure why people seem to be so down on the Rapid.  It's a car with all the size and boot space of the first Octavia, but with miles more rear legroom and way better economy!  Dad was well impressed with the space it has and he has an Octy III Estate!

Better than my Mk1 ;)

First Skoda I had was a red Octavia GLXi 1.6 petrol with 100bhp.  It was very nice, went quite well, good gutsy engine, loads of boot space.  On motorway runs (like the one I just did today) you got 36 - 38mpg.  The best I ever got out of it was 43mpg driving like a Nun during the fuel blockades.  I loved that car, it was bulletproof.  Absolutely nothing failed on it, traded it in after 3 years at 59000 miles and I still saw it driving around 5 years later.

The Rapid, despite having less than 200 miles on it, brought me back up that same motorway run at 48mpg, and I'm expecting that to improve as some miles go on.

My Dads Octy TSI is impressive though, he's topping 50mpg with it on a run now. Well, as long as he restrains himself from using sport mode :D