UK Pricing & Spec

Coops

So the disease of the electronic parking brake has finally worked its way into Skoda.

. It's something we're just going to have to get used to in most cars now I think. I'm not a big fan either. Overall spec is decent enough though. Good to see drive modes added but hopefully they will actually be effective as in some cars it seems to make little difference when you switch from one to the other such as Eco, comfort, sport etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a safety issue for me. I won't buy one for the same reason I wouldn't buy a car without the steering wheel physically connected to the wheels. I have no issue changing brands if the one I have take their products in a direction I don't want.

It's a shame, as I was interested in the 280hp estate.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any idea about the L&K seat material options? If it's not poo brown it'll be a serious contender for my next lease to replace you mk2

The new L&k will have both beige and brown seat colour options. Thankfully it's not brown only like the pre- FL MkII. I think the current L&K looks very well in beige - not that I'm biased :)

So the disease of the electronic parking brake has finally worked its way into Skoda.

Both the VW and BMW have that. The former being the better one as it also auto operates the handbrake when you stop.

It really is a good thing to have. :thumbup:

Both the VW and BMW have that. The former being the better one as it also auto operates the handbrake when you stop.

It really is a good thing to have. :thumbup:

Its a safety issue for me. I've had two cars where the electrics have failed completely while driving. No thanks, I'll keep the completely separate cable attached to completely separate drum brakes (alongside standard hydraulic discs) that we have on both current cars.

I don't understand why they don't use the hill hold control and just never time it out. Once you press the brakes and stop, theres nothing stopping the ABS controller just keeping the valves shut as it does for that. Why does it only hold on a hill? Why does it release after 2ish seconds?

Electronic handbrakes are an unnecessary expense and complication.

Does anyone have any idea about the L&K seat material options? If it's not poo brown it'll be a serious contender for my next lease to replace you mk2

As far as I can tell, the Beige has a black dash!! The brown steering wheel on Superb II stopped me!! 

Does anyone have any links to interior pics then? Am assuming "beige" is what I have seen as almost cream looking (in the auto gefuehle video with the deep red exterior colour) and the brown sort of chocolate or as I call it, "poo"! What's wrong with a plain old black option? I'd even prefer the leather/alcantara mix to be honest and downgrade in that sense to the SE-L, but am guessing it doesn't make sense from a cost point of view in getting an SE-L then speccing other kit up to L&K level?

• 3 weeks later...

Some pricing confirmed for Ireland
Not sure of specs.

€31495 AMBITION 1.6 120 BHP INC METALLIC

€37095 STYLE 2.0 TDI 150 BHP INC METALLIC

€38495 STYLE 2.0 TDI 190 BHP INC METALLIC

€40945 L&K 2.0 TDI 150 BHP INC METALLIC

€45395 L&K 2.0 TDI 190 BHP D.S.G INC METALLIC

Some pricing confirmed for Ireland

Not sure of specs.

€31495 AMBITION 1.6 120 BHP INC METALLIC

€37095 STYLE 2.0 TDI 150 BHP INC METALLIC

€38495 STYLE 2.0 TDI 190 BHP INC METALLIC

€40945 L&K 2.0 TDI 150 BHP INC METALLIC

€45395 L&K 2.0 TDI 190 BHP D.S.G INC METALLIC

What??  It'll be an A6 or 520d next time for me so if that's the case!  That is a massive increase on the current model - over €5,000 for the L&K 190 DSG if you compare it to the current 170 L&K DSG which is around €40K.  I paid €37K for my manual 170 L&K and the new 150 (lower powered version) is €4k more expensive :sweat: .  Where did you come across those prices BTW - would they be for the combi by any chance?  Even at that its expensive :thumbdown:

What??  It'll be an A6 or 520d next time for me so if that's the case!  That is a massive increase on the current model - over €5,000 for the L&K 190 DSG if you compare it to the current 170 L&K DSG which is around €40K.  I paid €37K for my manual 170 L&K and the new 150 (lower powered version) is €4k more expensive :sweat: .  Where did you come across those prices BTW - would they be for the combi by any chance?  Even at that its expensive :thumbdown:

Got those prices on Facebook.

I am glad I went with the Passat.

Noel Deasy page.

https://www.facebook.com/noeldeasycork?fref=ts

• Like 1

Got those prices on Facebook.

I am glad I went with the Passat.

Noel Deasy page.

https://www.facebook.com/noeldeasycork?fref=ts

Thanks for posting. I see they have a new 190 style up on carzone already - €39k. 10%. + increase in prices is not good though. I think your Passat is looking like a better proposition if I'm honest!

• Like 1

Taking the 150 as an example, thats less than €3k difference between the Superb and the 150bhp A6 (albeit in base spec which is still a decent spec these days) or around €5k difference if you compare the L&K to a higher spec SE business A6. Go for a slightly used premium brand and the difference is even less.

The lower powered engines with lower specs will probably sell well but the higher end of the Superb range just won't make much sense anymore IMO [emoji107]

• Like 1

€35,447 for a metallic Highline 150 Passat

€37,095 for the Supers Style metallic.

€1,500 more for a Superb?

I think the Passat is definitely better value and probably a better seller come change time as well.

€35,447 for a metallic Highline 150 Passat

€37,095 for the Supers Style metallic.

€1,500 more for a Superb?

I think the Passat is definitely better value and probably a better seller come change time as well.

To be fair, current Superb L&K is €42,500 and the new one is much better equipped (adjustable chassis, better nav, 12 speaker canton system etc extra 20bhp) so it seems to be priced about right?

To be fair, current Superb L&K is €42,500 and the new one is much better equipped (adjustable chassis, better nav, 12 speaker canton system etc extra 20bhp) so it seems to be priced about right?

€42,500 - which version of the L&K is that? Current Irish list is €36k and €39k for manual and DSG L&K respectively (before metallic and delivery). I have the canton system on my current L&K. I agree there is a bit more thrown in with the new model but the pricing strategy just doesn't make sense within the overall VAG group.

€42,500 - which version of the L&K is that? Current Irish list is €36k and €39k for manual and DSG L&K respectively (before metallic and delivery). I have the canton system on my current L&K. I agree there is a bit more thrown in with the new model but the pricing strategy just doesn't make sense within the overall VAG group.

2.0 TDI 170bhp €200 4.6 l/100 km -                          €36,415

2.0 TDI DSG 170bhp €280 5.3 l/100 km -                 €39,415

2.0 TDI DSG 4X4 170bhp €390 5.6 l/100 km -          €42,615

Edited by bryan
  • Like 1

2.0 TDI 170bhp €200 4.6 l/100 km - €36,415

2.0 TDI DSG 170bhp €280 5.3 l/100 km - €39,415

2.0 TDI DSG 4X4 170bhp €390 5.6 l/100 km - €42,615

Yeah, that's what I was thinking alright. The 4x4 isn't even listed yet for the SIII so that will probably be around €50k !

Apologies - shouldnt have got involved! I'm happy with pricing, was trying to share my joy!! I've accidentally picked up the 4x4 price so can see you're right. 

• Like 1

Apologies - shouldnt have got involved! I'm happy with pricing, was trying to share my joy!! I've accidentally picked up the 4x4 price so can see you're right. 

No hassle!  UK pricing for the new model doesn't seem too bad actually compared with the current model.

I was looking and the octavia se l and adding loads of extras to spec it up a bit. The p11d is coming out about 24k. Looking at the 2.0 150bhp superb se l its 25k and probably has most of the extras i was adding!

Just been looking at the basic configuration page and changing wheels, colours, trims, etc. I'm not sure, for me anyway, it looks different enough from the current FL, and I'm not keen on the flat dash, one reason why I chose the Superb over the Octavia. I prefer the curved dash of the current Superb. Maybe when I see one for real I'll change my mind.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/superb-hatch-2015/default/