H&R Twin-Tube Coilovers Review

Had big problems fitting these - mainly due to a front hub that was made of butter! so a week off the road and another 12 hour day yesterday (had a foobarred track rod end nut also) its finally done! 312's on now also - well happy with these and yes they are as good as everyone on here says - so thanks for everyone who has recommended them!

Onto the H&R's - well they cost £590 which i thought was decent for this renowned brand  - I have had various coilovers over the years (KW's on a VW Caddy, Weitecs on Polo 9N3, VMAXX on VW Passat, Weitecs on VW mk2 Golf) and I amm very impressed with these H&R's so far - build quality seems good and the ride is on a par with the Weitecs I had on my Polo. They will need a few days to bed in properly and may need to raise it up slightly on the front due to the massive motorway mileage I do I prefer a little more suspension travel. The handling is very tight now, body roll and pitch are minimal and ride comfort is good.

So pretty happy really - just some tweeking of ride height to do as did not have time over the weekend.

IMAG2232.jpg

IMAG2234.jpg 

• Like 2

Good to see someone going for something different. Hope they settle in nicely, remember and get the tracking checked once you've had the height reset, found it made a big difference on mine

• 4 months later...

How are you doing with these? I am considering them

Handling is excellent compared to other coils ive had before on very similar cars, however the ride is VERY firm. I do 500+ miles per week, nearly all motorway so OK for me but not sure I could use them daily i.e. round town. 

get a H&R front anti roll bar aswell made a massive difference to mine

That will stiffen the front end and make the understeer worse so don't think i'll bother with that, plus it wont affect the ride much, that's the dampers job.