Marlborough Skoda - Isleworth..

DGW

Originally posted by rpallet - Tue Dec 14, 2004

Fantastic dealers, will help with all problems/enquiries. Offers many upgrades to vehicals inc. window tints etc.

Originally posted by Fabia 12v - Sun 2 Oct, 2005

This is my local dealers where i will have all the work done to my car (purchased @ Willis due to car been used) all our other cars have been purchased here (review above by my dad).

Fantastic dealers, recently upgraded with a building move to include a vast servicing centre. Never had a problem with them yet. Well Done Marlborough

Had to back a car i bought of them as it had lots wrong with it, after much arguing i got my old car back { which i'd PX'ed} .

Also had a problem with the finance papers..............somehow :rolleyes: an extra £500 appeared.........................

Delt with a guy called David but got passed on to Trevor who turned rather nasty when when i insisted on 'backing ' the dodgy vehicle, at first they refused but after i pointed out the 28 day exchange plan Skoda have i got my own car back...............funny though, at NO time did they tell me about the 28 day exchange thing, i found out on this site :D the power of Briskoda :D

The mechanic's are a good bunch and very helpful ,shame about the salesmen.

:thumbdwn:

Steve

• 2 months later...

Bought an Octavia vrs from them Jan 2005 (ex demo) -

Very good service, the car was ready for collection within three days and the service was second to none.

They have a very large site with friendly staff, the salesman was top notch.

unfortuately they are to far away from me to use for service/repair.

Recommended to all.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

bought a vrs off them in july 05, suprisingly no problems...but taking money is the part.

15k service in jan 06 different story.

damaged the bumper, ordered the wrong one, took 2 weeks to sort out! various excuses from the service manager Paul.

under warranty at the same time had the passenger seat belt replaced & yes they ordered the wrong part again....

Was promised a letter of apologie & something towards my next service, obviously nothing has appeared...

I working in the trade for a few years ago & these people havent got a clue....on a good day...

g.

• 4 months later...
Guest Fabia 12v

The parent's Octavia had a failed coilpack so went in the replacement of that and an MOT last week.... once again tip-top service.... a slight bugger up on courtsey cars but that wasn't their fault... it was other owners not returning them. So thumbs up to them for dealing with the situation well and even offering my dad a lift to work.

Coils replaced and MOT done = Car still on the road = Perfect!

Well done Marlborough yet again :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Used this lot for everything since 2002, where I bought my Mk1 Octy 2.0 estate. They've been good but variable, worst part is trying to get through to a human on the phone - the automated service booking works fine, but any other queries almost impossible.

Generally good service, although in 2006 annual service they charged me for changing front discs/pads and then in 2007 said they needed changing again. As I'd only done 7000k that year I queried this and it went v. quiet. Came back and meekly said they would replace them under parts warranty. I think they'd perhaps 'forgotten' to change them in 2006.

Their 'Skoda Club' for cars over 3yrs old is great value - gives you a free annual MOT plus decent discount on parts and labour. All for £25 one-off fee.

Very handy location right next to Isleworth railway station, but they also do free collect/return for annual services.

Kelvyn

• 4 months later...

Bought an 16 month old Octavia 2.0TDI Elegance from Marlborough. I wished I'd paid a little more attention to car when I picked it up. The 'Multi point check list' suggested there where no issues with the car.

However, who ever performed the check must have spent all his/her time finding the only legal tread on the front tyres. I wasn't until I got home that I noticed how bad they where, according to the tyre fitter when I had them replaced, they where illegal in one or two areas, but only just. The check also missed the fact that none of the cars interior or boot lights worked. Also, despite assurances from the salesman to the contrary , the car didn't have the MP3 version of the Stream head unit that I wanted.

On the bright side, when I took the car back for the problem with the lights they ordered a replacement for the faulty light unit/switch panel in the roof without any questions and installed it a week later in less than 20 minutes. Happy with the service I received, but disappointed that they failed to spot such an obvious fault.

While the service side of things was good, it was warranty work and not having to pay for it makes it easier to live with.

Having said all that, they did have the car I wanted in stock, and from walking through the door to driving away the process was quick and painless. A more toughly checked car, and better knowledge of the specification of their stock and it would probably have been a good experience.

Overall I'm not that impressed with them because of my experience of their sales side, but I will probably use them for the next service and see how that goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody,

Well its my first post but I tell ya it is going to be a long one Lol. It is a warning really to anyone that is thinking of using MARLBOROUGH SKODA, Isleworth, MIDDLESEX.

I had been looking for a while for an Octavia vRS (Old Shape) and found a few around the country by doing a national search so I planned to visit a few dealers. I viewed one in Tunbridge Wells but unfortunately it was a little over my budget and couldn't get it. The next one to look at was at MARLBOROUGH SKODA so i went there and had a look. It appeared to be in good condition, the interior was faultless and apart from a few little nicks in the front alloys and a few stone chips it was fine (Well it appeared fine anyway). The first step was negotiating it was on the forecourt at £7995.00 and as it was near to 34,000 miles I wouldn't of had it long before the cam belt needed changing. As this job isnt cheap the agreement was they would replace the waterpump, cam belt and front discs + pads and I would pay the full price for the car. The deal seemed pretty sweet so I was happy to PX my Ford FOCUS and part with my hard earned cash + a little finance ;-)

Anyways it came to picking it up, I went to the dealership and it was agreed I would pick up the car at 10:00am but due to traffic I was a little late. I arrived and was greeted by the sales staff who went through all the paperwork and documents. I was a tad excited and just wanted to get my hands on it and when I asked where it was the salesmen said it's just being valeted so I was fobbed off with a coffee and waited patiently. I was then informed that the BRAKE DISCS + PADS had not been fitted and I would have to wait till 14:00-14:30. I was also told that at some point I would have to bring it back to the dealership as it didn't have a spare key and the aerial would need replacing. Obviously I wasn't happy and they tried to sweeten me with a full tank of fuel.

I finally got into the car at 14:45 and was able to drive away. As it was a new car and I'm no expert I took it to my local garage to give it the once over as they would know what to look for If i'd been sold a dud. So i took it in and as I was pulling onto the ramp the mechanic said "that's a bit nasty; there's a nice dent in the outer sill" on closer inspection it was clear some idiot had tryed jacking the car up on its sill and had punctured a hole in it. As this hole was less than 12 inches away from a seating mount it shouldn't have had an MOT...But the car had been given a brand new MOT a few days prior to me picking it up............

That is not all; a keen eye spotted a difference in paint colour on the rear wings and on closer inspection it was evident that the car had once had rear end damage but low and behold the HPI check they had given me showed that it had never been involved in an accident??????? On looking in the boot it was clear some tapping had been carried out on both sides and the sound deafening padding was coming away on the N/S. The sump guard was missing (RIPPED OFF) and the climate control panel appeared to have had something spilled on it as some of the buttons were sticking.

So I immediately phoned the garage and told them about what had been found and they wanted me to bring it in straight away to be assessed. They told me there manager was away and didn't know if he would authorise the repairs. The next day I was phoned by the salesmen who told me they would re-spray the rear of the car, re-soundproof it, fix the sill and fix the climate control. I questioned about the sump guard and he tryed fobbing me off with a tale of them not coming standard on vRS's and on further discussion he said they could fit one of those as well :-)

By now I was fed up of MARLBOROUGH SKODA and was at the stage of wanting a full refund but as it took a while for me to find the car, I thought I would let them do the work and see how it turned out. So I took it in and they gave me a courtesy car which apparently was a demo from the showroom but was filthy and had scuffed alloys (GO FIGURE). Anyways they agreed to do the following whilst at the show room:

1) Spare Key

2) Aerial

3) Climate Control Panel + Air Con Regassing

4) Give me a CD autochanger cartridge as this was also missing.

5) Sump Guard

6) Sort out hole in sill

7) Rear O/S Scratches (Respray)

8) Rear N/S paintwork bubbling (Respray)

9) Re-Sound proof

10) Fix the rear screen washer spray.

Additional Work I had to fight for:

1) Small dent removed

2) Front O/S Refurb.

IMHO this should have been noticed by them from the word go but obviously they tryed it on, they even tryed saying that my P/X had a problem with it but again when I took it out for a test drive there was nothing wrong with it at all (NOT VERY PROFESSIONAL I THINK). So I waited and finally 7days after they had taken it in I got the phone call saying it was ready. So I went to the MARLBOROUGH again!!!!!! and when I had a look at it only the following had been done:

1) Aerial Fixed

2) CD Cartdridge Put in

3) Outer Sill (REPAIRED BADLY)

4) Small Dent removed

5) Front wheel refurb.

YES THATS RIGHT 5/12 of the AGREED Jobs had been completed. The KEY was still missing, The climate control panel was still sticky, the sump guard was still missing, the rear of the car had been treated with a belt sander, the sound proofing was still coming away and the rear washer had to be done while I waited. The garage was unwilling to let me keep the courtesy car for any longer so I took delivery of the VRS so I could get it inspected by a professional + otherwise I would have been car-less and stranded 25miles from home. I was advised to take the car back and try and get a refund from the dealer. After a few phone calls with the useless salesmen I had been dealing with I was told to phone back when the manager was back off of holiday. So I phoned back and spoke with the head of sales who wanted me to take the car in so he could have a look at it.

As soon as I got into his office he was very abrupt and very, very rude he complained about why I had taken delivery of the car twice etc etc; he was a complete A** and I was left with these words "I WILL NEED TO SPEAK WITH MY LEGAL TEAM BEFORE I MAKE ANY DECISIONS" so I went to the car and made a phone call to SKODA UK who were happy to take on my complaint. Within 2hours I had a phone call from head of sales who said he "WOULD REVERT THE PURCHASE." So I got all of my money back, the finance was scrapped and I got my part ex back. I also got "£20.00" fuel as compensation???????????

Everyone will be pleased to know that the RANT is over lol. It's a huge warning to anyone who is thinking of dealing with MARLBOROUGH SKODA; just be CAREFUL. I thank everyone for reading and I take this opurtunity to say I have not lost my faith in SKODA but it is franchises like MARLBOROUGH who give SKODA a bad name. I am still looking for a VRS and will post it up when I do get one! Anyone else had any bad dealings with MARLBOROUGH sales/managers????

**I forgot to add the car is now back for sale and is on the net so be careful**

• 1 year later...

I must say that Im very surprised that people have had problems with this dealer. I bought my Octy from them due to their attitude to a friend that bought a "Pup" of a car from them, after a full 12 months of them having that car back for repairs they exchanged it at no cost! Well needless to say I gave them a "crack of the whip" when my previous car was up for renewal. I told them that I wanted a good deal because I had been looking on the internet and gave then an idea of price I wanted to pay and they actually beat it! When I had taken delivery I noticed that the anti-hijack locking was not working, once they realised it was not just because of programming they were more than happy to give me a loan car while they investigated the fault. All in all I could not fault their service, have my friend and I just been lucky? Could the previous two negative "reviews" be down to poor customer attitudes? I guess I will never know for sure, but this is the 5th new car that I have purchased and without a doubt it has been the best experience in both sales and afterservice to date. :hooray: For Keith and Mike

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Collected my new FL VRS oil burner yesterday.Mixed feelings about the dealership really.The sales staff have always been polite and pleasant but other areas have been quite poor.There have been a number of "I will ring you back" commitments not met.From ordering the car in December i was not contacted in any way (no letter of order confirmation, receipt for deposit etc) until early march when i was phoned to say the car was here.It was only at this stage that it was mentioned to me that i would have to attend the dealership to sign the finance paperwork before they would release the car (I maybe should have known this but i had mentioned when i spoke to the finance staff that i would not be coming in to collect the vehicle as i live in leeds,it would have been helpful to have been told this then).At times you got the impression the dealership were struggling to deal with the volume of business that DTD give them.

I asked for mudflaps and was told both sets could be fitted.Having read stuff on here i was a bit sceptical about this but assumed they would know best.Two days before collection i was emailed to say that rears were standard? and fronts could not be fitted to this model.Needless to say there are no rears as standard.

The staff yesterday were very efficient and i was in and out in no time which was a bonus.There was even 90 miles of juice in it.

I thought i had given the car a reasonable check over before leaving.Upon scrambling about on the drive when i got home i have noticed some quite severe scarring /scratches under the front bumper and on the chin at the drivers side.This is my first new car and maybe im being a bit fussy, it cant be seen really but i want it perfect .Looks like the type of damage done when the cars taken off the transporter.I have emailed Marlborough with some pictures.Not sure what reaction i will get.If they surpass my expectations they will arrange for repairs to be done locally(wont put my mortgage on it)at best i think it will be a bring it back and let us have a look.If you are collecting from these any time soon do look out for this.

Will keep you posted with any response.

Edited by DGW
Question deleted. This forum is for fiirst-hand feedback, not asking questions.

• 1 month later...

Purchased my Yeti through DtD and Marlborough, it was a fairly smooth transaction and I dealt with two members of Marlborough staff (Kuldip and Mike) by telephone and email. My view is that Kuldips' performance was mediocre and not really customer oriented, however Mikes response and support was far better and very positive. When I picked up the vehicle Mike dealt with me and was first class both from a Skoda point of view and a customer standpoint. Marlborough customer service was adequate in the main as one staff members performance made up for the shortcomings of another.

• 1 month later...

I picked my octavia from Marlborough a few weeks ago. I bought it via DTD. Overall experience was ok. A few niggles. When first paid the deposit Kuldip sent me the receipts via email and.... ooops forgot to attach the second payment receipt and the calculation was incorrect. It was like I paid 500 instead of 1000. Asked for second receipt and got it and the calculation was updated and resent. Since then all was ok. Except for the fact that spec for elegance trim changed. So I lost the folding mirrors due to that. I knew about it so I asked Kuldipif I was still gettiing them as I ordered the car before the change. Kuldip either pretended she had not received my email or genuinely forgot about it or deliberetely avoided the subject. I spoke to Mike when the car was in the dealership and he confirmed they were not fitted. So I asked for a compensation. They refused of course saying that DTD cars are heavily discointed. But in the end I negotiated a full tank. Always something!

The day before delivery i paid the outstanding deposit and hey they did it again - they charged me more cause they thought I only paid 500! They returned the money of course but i was just fed up with this.

The car was fine on the pick up day. All ok. However Keith who I was dealing with was hasty and a bit arrogant. He tried to rush through all this but I was patient.

So a piece of advice - double check everything they do.

Fab

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased my Octy vRS via DTD and picked it up back in December, there was a bit of concern due to the lack of paper work, I had no way of knowning what they actually ordered! Anyway, I then got a call to say its in, I then arrange for insurance and a cover note to be faxed over. I sent an e-mail to check all was well and the day before collection got a mail to say they have not had the fax!! So, after much mucking around finally got them the cover note to be told they can't tax the car with that!!!!! Having been waiting for 3 months I should'nt be rushing around last minute. I contacted Skoda's 7 day insurance and after hanging on the phone for about 30mins got it sorted.

I got the impression Kuldip was just swamped with too much work and found Keith very "loud" and brash. Their service team do, however, seem to be on the ball. I did have a problem with the alarm going off from day one, seems it was going off all the time on the forecourt, they eventially sorted it when my local dealer Allams could not. They are quite flexible as they don't do bookings on Sat, so turn up first and you get done while you wait, I also asked for the same guy on each visit which was nice.

You get free tea/coffee (if you ask!) and resonable waiting area, the entrance to the service bays is'nt very presentable but inside its quite resonable, I also got to talk to the mechanic who done the work and feel they might even let me watch if I asked. I would suggest they invest in online service bookings and some sort of viewing window by the waiting area.

Sales 5/10

Service 8/10

• 1 month later...

I wanted to order a Yeti in May 2010 for delivery after 1/9/10.

The cheapest price I had came from www.drivethedeal. After joining here and reading some posts, I decided to speak to Marlborough Skoda in Isleworth. Mike Don-Carolis there was brilliant and offered to beat DtheD by about £75. Enough for me - I paid the deposit by card and Mike kept me updated throughout.

On the 2nd September I was dropped off at Marlborough by my mother in law on her way home from child minding our kids and collected the car. Handover was smooth, the car was perfect and well prepared and they showed me how to bluetooth my phone before I headed off. Highly recommended!

In my experience, Mike certainly seems to prefer using email to phones. If he has your email address, you will be kept well informed.

• 1 month later...

Octavia vRS ordered couple of months ago (4th Aug); collected today, 9th October (!) from Marlborough (all ordered via you-know-where-that-I'm-not-allowed-to-say). The whole process has been completely and utterly painless. Kuldip has been very efficient and kept me informed all the way through, and the car turned up a few weeks earlier than expected. Collected today; Mike D-C did the handover and again the whole process was wonderful - walked through the car, but kept it short, sweet and simple. Car perfect, even had 1/4 of a tank of fuel in it. Would definately use again, and will probably be giving them a bell next year to replace the missus' Jeep :-) Cannot fault them; 10/10.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a Skoda Octavia VRS through Drive the deal and they were very helpful and professional.

Unfortunately the Skoda dealer was appalling.

No communication, no service what so ever. Unfortunately I had to cancel my order and trying to get the Skoda dealer to make contact again was an absolute nightmare.

On that basis I could never recommend this dealer. On a better note DTD gave me full assistance and were absolutely professional.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered an Octavia Elegance (with extras) towards the end of July. Got a great price through DtD.

Marlborough took the £1500 deposit the next day. But it took 7 days and 2 phone calls from me for them to contact me to confirm the order.

They emailed me a copy of an order for me to sign, but it was wrong. They also emailed me a receipt for the deposit, but it was someone else's (for £1000).

I was taking out Skoda Finance, so someone from Marlborough Finance rang me with a quote. We agreed it and I asked for a copy of the quote - that never arrived.

I didn't get any updates regarding the expected build date unless I asked for it.

The car was built and arrived at the dealer early October (well within the expected delivery date). I emailed Marlborough to ask them to set some options (eg DRLs) while they were preparing the car.

When I picked it up, the handover was smooth and efficient, but when I got the car home, I found that none of the software options I had asked for had been done.

So, in summary, DtD and Skoda were great. Dealer left something to be desired.

• 5 months later...

Ordered my Yeti 1.2 Tsi SE DSG in October 2010 via Drive The Deal and was put in touch with Marlborough. Originally not too much contact, other than when I asked them questions, but suppose this was mainly due to the long delivery delays.

Finally got word that "The Beast" had arrived and from here-on-in I can only speak highly of my contact with this dealership. Kuldip Virdi was very helpful in sorting out a small problem with my 7-day insurance and also holding the registration of the vehicle over in to May [arrived late April].

Flew down to London last Tuesday [3rd May] and went to the dealership the following morning to pick up "Manxie". Warmly greated by Mike Don-Cxarlos who quickly completed the paperwork, took my money and then "introduced me" to my vehicle. He quickly, but throughly, explained all the basic questions I had about controls etc. Vehicle was well prepared and loaded with over a quarter tank of fuel.

Unfortunately living on the Isle of Man I won't be able to use this dealership for Servicing etc. However,from my contact with them, I would think they would be more than willing to look after any of their customers. I would certainly recommend them for your purchase, as I would Drive The Deal. Did read somewhee on here though that direct contact with Marlborough MAY gain you an even better deal than DTD!!!

Edited by manxman

Great review - although i insisted on seeing the car before paying for it....Much to Mike's disgust :D