Whitequay Skoda Newbury..

DGW

Does anyone have any recommendations for servicing dealers close to Newbury now Whitequay have gone?

My current favourites based on reviews here are Turners of Erlestoke. A bit further out but I don't mind travelling for a good job.

White quay used to collect my car and I'm 10 miles from Newbury

I recently used Halfway garage in Thatcham , I've used them off and on for 8 years and they are excellent and very reasonably priced especially for servicing

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Have to say both my mum and I have had shocking service from Parkview

On a positive note the local paper reported that there was interest in another company taking over the dealership on the same site

Lets hope those that lost their jobs have some good news

• 1 month later...

Ridgeway, who already have the franchises for VW & Audi in Newbury, have been advertising for staff for a new Skoda franchise they're going to open in Newbury. Don't know where it'll be, though. No mention as to whether they'll take SEAT on as well, also represented by Whitequay in Newbury before they went bust.

Ridgeway, who already have the franchises for VW & Audi in Newbury, have been advertising for staff for a new Skoda franchise they're going to open in Newbury. Don't know where it'll be, though. No mention as to whether they'll take SEAT on as well, also represented by Whitequay in Newbury before they went bust.

Ridgeway have taken over the former Whitequay (and Huzzey before that) Seat showroom further down Faraday road as a Skoda franchise. I saw a sign on the A339 on Saturday behind faraday road claiming they were now open for business.

Shame that Ridgeway's VW outlet in Newbury is so useless or I might be tempted to try the new Skoda franchise for servicing.....

Shame that Ridgeway's VW outlet in Newbury is so useless or I might be tempted to try the new Skoda franchise for servicing.....

Yep not had good experiences with ridgeway VW and Audi but perhaps if they get some of the old Whitequay staff things might be better .

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally popped in today to book a service. 

Initial impressions are that the unit is quite small and that everything is squashed in. I think the old site of Whitequay is better for space.

Servicing is done on a unit in the same block but not connected. Didn't see any of the old faces but given the time between Whitequay closing and Ridgeway taking over, I'm not surprised.

We'll see what happens on the day of the service.

• 5 weeks later...

Service all done, brake fluid changed and MOT passed.

Dropped the car off first thing and collected it in the late afternoon.

Very happy with everything (except the bill of course ;) ). Kept updated on the progress and all explained to me.

Still stand by my comment above that the building is too small to show the range indoors. I did notice that the old Whitequay building was being worked on but nothing to say who or what for.